• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Op Amp Sound Improvements Challenge

Was that an after thing or was it incorporated in the original design ?

An after thing, I read about it on another site and tried it out, it definitely seems to have a beneficial affect on sound quality and is recommended on the op amp data sheets.
 
Perfect thanks.
I'm sure I started there in April. I just saw a few thousand posts since then. I guess, I should've rechecked ( this was a pretty short thread so far)
 
:lurk: If I can get a grip on where these join in, I'm game. At the moment I have only built the CNC using the 49990's and it sound pretty darn good. I have the pieces on the way for the 797.
 
well there you go and thanks. When this unit is complete I have some nice phono pre's to do a comparo.
 
BTW ... bypassing isn't a new thing ... here's the modded power rail on my QRX9001. Of course, we're talking significantly more voltage here.

power-rail-bypass-done.jpg


In this case, the .12 poly bypass cap damps any residual AC fluctuations (noise) in the line. Not sure if that's what we're going for with op amps, but I imagine the same holds true.
 
Thanks,
I haven't looked at mine, but being how i built it over a year ago (maybe over 2) I'm pretty sure its an older version. Thanks for the clarification.
 
Back
Top Bottom