• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Oppo BDP-95 for SACD??

I bought a nice DV980H with remote off Craig's List for $100. That's great bang for the buck.
 
Paid fifty bucks for a Sony BDP-S770 Blu-Ray Disc/DVD/SACD Player. ...Not bad either. ...Also with remote (illuminated).

BUT! Your original question (OP) was: Oppo BDP-95, any good for SACD playback??
-> Yes; only if you are using the analog connection ($799).
If not get the Oppo BDP-103 ($499). ...By using the digital (HDMI) connection.
 
Fair enough, I'd go with the 103. The Oppos are also great video players. And don't forget about Blu Ray audio and the like! Get the Monoprice switch and a DAC of your choice and you are golden. Mind you, it will cost more than the price differential between the 103 and 105 to get a DAC that can beat it, but you will also gain a lot of versatility if you get one that can handle USB and so on.

The best value on the market, as I see it, is the Cary Xciter. I'l post a thread about it.
 
Back
Top Bottom