• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Oracle Delphi MK ?

surgery

Well I got the tune up kit from the good folks at Oracle so today that was my mission . I had installed the belt and my SAE cart on it the other night as I had to hear it as is . So before I tore into it I did a sound clip of it . Then tore it apart , which is really pretty easy . Changed out the springs , grommets etc . Took out the mobil one I had put in and used the Oracle oil in the bearing .
Got it all dialed in , vta ,etc and spun the same disc again . The bass was better , before it was a bit too much .Now it is tighter . so then I threw on a 180gr pressing , problem ! The suspension was bottoming out , so back to the adjustment drill and re-level but it didn't take too long.
this table is very quiet with the SAE . The Prelude arm has a nice on the fly almost VTA adjustment , never had a table with that before so cool for me . And auto lift at end of side that works fine. I would like to try other carts on it but changing is not easy and the wires are so fine it's scary working with them . I know fixed head shells are better but what a pain to work on .

Back to the spinning now :D
 

Attachments

  • Oracle 001 (Large).jpg
    Oracle 001 (Large).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 43
  • prep (Large).jpg
    prep (Large).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 49
  • bad parts (Large).jpg
    bad parts (Large).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 43
  • after surgery (Large).jpg
    after surgery (Large).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 53
  • SAE Delphi (Large).jpg
    SAE Delphi (Large).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 46
A good prelude arm is actually a very nice quality tonearm. Did a lot of research on them in years past, and what I found from talking to people who were around for the development, as well as some real Oracle gurus, was that they had some iffy quality control on them. If you've got a good one, it is a heck if an arm and will take some beating. If it Had a bad one, likely it was swapped out ages ago.
I've had a couple of them in the past, and they were all great.

Btw, does the autolift still work on yours?
 
A good prelude arm is actually a very nice quality tonearm. Did a lot of research on them in years past, and what I found from talking to people who were around for the development, as well as some real Oracle gurus, was that they had some iffy quality control on them. If you've got a good one, it is a heck if an arm and will take some beating. If it Had a bad one, likely it was swapped out ages ago.
I've had a couple of them in the past, and they were all great.

Btw, does the autolift still work on yours?

Thanks for the info on the arm , this one seems to work fine , and the auto lift works perfectly which I really like . I also checked the VTA adjustement and you can do while playing a record so dialed that in for the best sound . That is a feature that I wish more tables had ,I could hear when I hit the sweet spot even from beside the speakers . The maggies sound like there is sub hidden in the room , well sort of :D
 
Back
Top Bottom