• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ordered 4 caps from DigiKey, and they only sent me two.

Saffire

Active Member
And looking back at the order history, it appears that I've only been charged for two caps, even though I had 4 in my cart during checkout... These caps were supposed to be for a crossover rebuild, two 4.7uf 50v's and two 2.2uf 50v's, both Nichicon Muse's. But since I only received the 2.2uf's, I guess the mid-range drivers will have to wait for now. Has anyone experienced something like this before? Real strange. I've already sent them an email.
 
Register to hide this ad
Nobody's perfect. I've had it happen a couple of times in 20 years. Big deal. I also had a package that looked like it had been run over by a truck. The electrolytics were smashed. I called Digikey. The guy on the phone was amazed and appologetic. They sent me replacements.
 
Nobody's perfect. I've had it happen a couple of times in 20 years. Big deal. I also had a package that looked like it had been run over by a truck. The electrolytics were smashed. I called Digikey. The guy on the phone was amazed and appologetic. They sent me replacements.

Yeah, that's true. I guess it's not worth asking them about it since I technically didn't even pay for the other 2 caps, heh. I just submitted another order, hopefully nothing goes wrong this time. :confused:
 
I had some heat shrink not show up. called them, they sent a new package out right away and told me if the other one showed up to just keep it. Sending half the parts isn't nearly so bad if they only charged for what they sent though.
 
While you can easily send another order for the missing caps, you will get killed on shipping. Call them instead and they should send them with no charge to you for shipping. I learned a while back to NEVER back order resistors or any other low cost part. They sent 2 shipments for 2 resistor values when they became available and the shipping was about $8 per box.

Also, look at the label on the plastic bag and see what the quantity is there, and check the original order when they first emailed it back to you.
 
While you can easily send another order for the missing caps, you will get killed on shipping. Call them instead and they should send them with no charge to you for shipping. I learned a while back to NEVER back order resistors or any other low cost part. They sent 2 shipments for 2 resistor values when they became available and the shipping was about $8 per box.

Also, look at the label on the plastic bag and see what the quantity is there, and check the original order when they first emailed it back to you.
Who ? Mouser doesn't double charge me for backorders.
 
Who ? Mouser doesn't double charge me for backorders.
This must be a new policy. One of my early orders with Mouser had a b/o and I got dinged for shipping. But then Mouser has been fine tuning how much more money they need for shipping for a couple years, now. My order was 12 or so years ago. I learned a lesson.
 
I would have called and asked and I'm sure Digikey would have had the parts moving that day by fast package service, not the one week Mouser/UPS/USPS mess that is the cheap offering.
 
This must be a new policy. One of my early orders with Mouser had a b/o and I got dinged for shipping. But then Mouser has been fine tuning how much more money they need for shipping for a couple years, now. My order was 12 or so years ago. I learned a lesson.
Its probably Been a couple years ago for me as well.Maybe I did get dinged and didn't catch it at the time.
 
Have not experienced anything like that with Digi-Key. Don't order a ton of stuff at a time but I have put in a fair number of orders over the years on the individual project/repair/a few bits and pieces level. Every one has been 100% spot on so far on ordered vs. received.

Just a few weeks ago I placed an order for some connectors. All of the parts qty. in my cart showed in-stock, no back orders. Not too long after I'd placed the online order I received a message saying there was an inventory error and they could not provide the full quantity of one part. There was a number to call to confirm with them if I would take what they had and accept back order on the rest, or kill the line item, or kill the whole order.
 
I always use the "in stock" filter when shopping at Mouser or Digikey. Its pretty rare that I need anything so specific that I can't sub it with something they have on hand. Half is because I don't want to pay more shipping, the rest is simple impatience.
 
I wonder if Digi-key is suffering from staff shortages or other issues related to COVID-19.

Over 30 years or so, I’d never had any problems. Then, a couple months ago, a lithium cell was missing from my order. An email to customer service received no reply, but I did receive the missing cell in a few days, with no additional shipping charges added to my account. This little, low capacity coin cell arrived in a giant box with lithium battery warnings all over it.
 
While you can easily send another order for the missing caps, you will get killed on shipping. Call them instead and they should send them with no charge to you for shipping. I learned a while back to NEVER back order resistors or any other low cost part. They sent 2 shipments for 2 resistor values when they became available and the shipping was about $8 per box.

Also, look at the label on the plastic bag and see what the quantity is there, and check the original order when they first emailed it back to you.
Digi-Key has a free shipping option. I've been using it for years. Here's a thread I posted with details:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...hipping-on-parts-orders.739513/#post-10018562
 
I always use the "in stock" filter when shopping at Mouser or Digikey. Its pretty rare that I need anything so specific that I can't sub it with something they have on hand. Half is because I don't want to pay more shipping, the rest is simple impatience.

I usually do too for pretty much same reasons. But, it should also show in your cart what you want vs. what their system shows on hand (or backorder - such as this relay I was going to order but didn't because it's backorder).

Capture.PNG
 
Last edited:
I usually do too for pretty much same reasons. But, it should also show in your cart what you want vs. what their system shows on hand (or backorder - such as this relay I was going to order but didn't because it's backorder).

View attachment 1995556

yeah I've had that happen before, especially when I've come back to finish an order a day or so later.

Still have to say I'm fairly impressed with Digikey and Mouser for being as good as they are about getting small orders of tiny bits and bobs accurate so often. I'm actually sort of curious what the total piece count in one of their warehouses is. Has to be an incredibly large number.
 
I'm actually sort of curious what the total piece count in one of their warehouses is. Has to be an incredibly large number.
On average, Digi-Key ships nearly 18,000 orders per day.
Clipboard01.jpg


Looks like the answer is more than 10.2 million pieces, according to their website
 
Last edited:
I wonder if that stat on "products" is actually the total piece count or if it's a count of different part numbers?
 
I wonder if that stat on "products" is actually the total piece count or if it's a count of different part numbers?
At any given time, more than 1,000,000 products are in stock and ready to be shipped from Digi-Key’s headquarters. From their website.
 
Back
Top Bottom