• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ordered 4 caps from DigiKey, and they only sent me two.

To me that's still not clear if that's individual pieces or just 1,000,000 different items. But, I'm not intending to be argumentative about it, it's nothing more than a point of curiosity. Suffice to say, it's obviously quite a lot.

I went there once to pick up a will-call order. It's a big place. Took me a while to find the right door.
 
I went there once to pick up a will-call order. It's a big place. Took me a while to find the right door.
Need a door that isn't designed for a truck to back up to is my guess.

They say they have a million products and 10.2 million pieces so I'm guessing here to that they have a million different pieces and multiples of many of them that add up to 10.2 million.
 
If you look at quantity on hand for individual parts there is typically over 10,000 for things like resistors. 100 resistor values alone would get to a million pieces so that 1 million parts is 1 million unique items. The last paper catalog (2010) was almost 3000 pages.
 
Does this thread really deserve 2 pages???

Absolutely!! We are talking about the most hobbyist friendly electronics supply house in the US. Nice to discuss them instead of putting our financial constraints on someone wanting to spend his own money, his way and pay a lot for wire.
 
Last edited:
Last fall ordered from Mouser and one item their system said they had a lot in stock but they apparently could not find them. Took a number of weeks for them to get that item back in stock they sent it Fedex Ground no charge.

Just went back and checked my order history there to verify.
 
Have you been promoted to Captain of the Thread Police?
Absolutely!! We are talking about the most hobbyist friendly electronics supply house in the US. Nice to discuss them instead of putting our financial constraints on someone wanting to spend his own money, his way and pay a lot for wire.
Of course it does. Otherwise, how else would you puff up your post count? You should be more appreciative......
:rflmao:
Had a good needed laugh but don't take it personally! You too OP!
Didn't mean to put a hornet up your arsses over a couple caps short of a full order. I know I know we all 'morph' on DIY and it doesn't bother me at all and I do it myself. I've never had a vendor that didn't put things right (and I didn't have a back up plan.)
---------
Now if ya really want a pita... just call the SSA about your change of address! Ya'll be glad to know they give you the full grilling to identify yourself. (Identity theft)
 
Didn't mean to put a hornet up your arsses

Hey I was just sticking up for Digikey since it seems here on ak that Mouser gets most of the slurpage. If D's website worked more quickly, I'd be there more than I am because they both have great customer service and well D is still small order friendly for the hobbyist with their free shipping. And sometimes their prices can be better. I saved 25 bucks per capacitor on two different orders of 2 caps each of the same cap. I believe I was buying old stock from a year earlier before price increases. Last I checked the prices were the same. Something like 1500µF/450V caps.
 
**** happens, pre coVid times I had a set of filter caps arrive but one was mislabeled on the actual capacitor! 15000 uf was only 5000 uf on one? Luckily only the label was messed up and both measured equally. Not a digikey bung but manufacturers
 
I've ordered from both Mouser and Digi-Key,, both top notch vendors,,, Mouser's shipping went up... But Digi-Key offers free shipping on any order, if you send it snail mail, with a check enclosed...
I got a wrong part from Mouser once, called em,, and they overnight shipped it no charge...
They could both teach customer service classes !!!
 
But Digi-Key offers free shipping on any order, if you send it snail mail, with a check enclosed...
My letter went out on Tuesday and if I had ordered from Mouser I would have paid twice as much and gotten the parts probably the same day I'm gonna get the Digikey order. Mouser's cheap shipping is terrible.
 
Last edited:
Their only flaw in my book,,,

I just put in an order to Mouser Saturday night, so we'll see how bad their delivery lead is this time. I have yet to put in an order for under a hundred, so I always qualify for their free shipping. I don't find the shipping to be the issue, it's the time it takes them to actually pick the order that seems to delay everything.

Unfortunately, many items I require are not stocked by Digikey. Too bad, because it seems that whenever I have hit the submit key for an order from them, the doorbell rings a few minutes later.... (might be exaggerating just a wee bit there:rolleyes:)
 
Well, here we go again. UPS claims to have left the package on my doorstep. Despite there being a very large sign on my door requesting delivery to my neighbor across the street. Called Mouser. Now I wait. Insert long, extremely profane tirade here.....:mad:
 
Well, here we go again. UPS claims to have left the package on my doorstep. Despite there being a very large sign on my door requesting delivery to my neighbor across the street. Called Mouser. Now I wait. Insert long, extremely profane tirade here.....:mad:
I had the same thing happen last week,,, Rock Auto parts... USPS this time... guess the shippers are overwhelmed this year... It finally got here a few days later...
Good luck!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom