• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Orsefon C22 (McIntosh C-22 circuit copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see it isn't so much that they are incapable of making a high quality product, but that we are unwilling to pay for it. When the goal is the cheapest thing that can be found, the quality is going to suffer. Consider what we're looking at here, a low-cost knockoff of a high quality product. It basically can't be built to identical quality or it wouldn't be nearly as cheap

still curious how good or bad it truly is though, and how much is to be gained by putting a lot of expensive parts in it. Even if those caps aren't the best, does replacing them with much higher cost parts produce a benefit? I would suspect that money spent on upgrade parts might be better spent elsewhere to get more bang for the buck.
Probably 50 years from now, there will still be people lusting for any remaining, real US-made C22s. Will folks be lusting after the Orsefon clone?

Hmm...

82900cc3-0c51-4149-a1aa-1fc9f57f7d7d.gif
 
50 years from now I probably won't be here to care. I'm probably not going to buy this or the real deal so it doesn't really matter beyond my general curiosity.
Okay... 25 years? Make that 10 years???

The idea is the lasting value of the real thing versus any generic knockoff. Like Gucci bags.

fca3d4b0-f891-4520-95d9-b477dc293aa9.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom