• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Outlaw RR 2150 question

abricru

New Member
I got an older model Outlaw RR2150 on eBay, but it did not come with a power cord. I'm new at this and don't know how to find the right one. The owner's manual stresses using the original cord that comes with it. I don't want to damage the Outlaw by using the wrong cord. The manual says 120V 60Hz. Can anyone help? Many thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
You'll need a cable like this-

1-15P-IEC-C17-Power-Supply-Cord.jpg


The particular type of connector is called a C17. Most of them will be rated at 120V, but make sure the wattage rating is appropriate. Looks like the unit draws up to 400 watts, so make sure it can handle the load.
 
You can use the 3-prong version on this cord too, but it will not ground the unit. Make sure its 16awg (gauge) wires. You will be fine. I have a RR-2150 that was one of the first units and just had it overhauled by Outlaw for a very reasonable price. Unit is over 16 years old.
 
You'll need a cable like this-

1-15P-IEC-C17-Power-Supply-Cord.jpg


The particular type of connector is called a C17. Most of them will be rated at 120V, but make sure the wattage rating is appropriate. Looks like the unit draws up to 400 watts, so make sure it can handle the load.
Thank you. I really appreciate the help. It was kind of funny when I tried to order a cord several times, they kept asking me to send a picture of the original cord. If I had the original cord I wouldn't be looking for another one! I think there was a language barrier or something. The eBay seller finally agreed to send me a cord, so I can't wait to hear the Outlaw vs NAD 3020.
 
You can use the 3-prong version on this cord too, but it will not ground the unit. Make sure its 16awg (gauge) wires. You will be fine. I have a RR-2150 that was one of the first units and just had it overhauled by Outlaw for a very reasonable price. Unit is over 16 years old.
You can use the 3-prong version on this cord too, but it will not ground the unit. Make sure its 16awg (gauge) wires. You will be fine. I have a RR-2150 that was one of the first units and just had it overhauled by Outlaw for a very reasonable price. Unit is over 16 years old.
Thanks for the information. I didn't know Outlaw would perform work on the unit. How do you like yours? How do you know when it needs to be overhauled? And.. what kind of speakers do you use? Thanks again for the help.
 
I think mine was purchased in 2004 and one day about a year ago the turn on relays stopped functioning. After getting in touch with Outlaw, they sent me an RA to send the unit in for repair. Turns out it was the speaker selector switch that was in failure mode. They also upgraded my remote controlled volume as its advance was too rapid. The revision to the volume slowed the rate down so that the volume was more "in control" with the remote. I use it primarily for FM listening and have it paired with some Paradigm Studio 40v.3s. Very happy with the receiver!
 
Thanks for all the input. Now my attention is directed towards speakers. Now I know for most people it's "all about that bass," but I have a fairly significant hearing loss in the upper ranges, so people are always telling me to turn down the treble! In the eighties I had a huge pair of floor standing JBL speakers that sounded great, and I used an equalizer to bring up the treble. I sure wish I could remember the model, because I haven't found any pictures that matched. They came with a wooden piece that raised them up off the floor an inch or two and I couldn't pick them up by myself ( skinny 25 year old young lady). So if you have any more ideas for speakers I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom