• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ow ! Ow ! Ow ! Ow ! Ow ! Ow!...

Sandy G

Retired Member
Rolled over in bed last nite the wrong way, apparently, & the big calf muscle in my lower right leg "caught' itself...Is there ANYTHING more painful than that ? Fortunately, I immediately got up & stood on it, which this time "unravelled" it, & the pain subsided. I'm pretty religious about popping vitamin pills, but I think every now & then, yr leg just HAS to do that to show Who's the Boss...(grin)-Unca Sandy
 
Register to hide this ad
but I think every now & then, yr leg just HAS to do that to show Who's the Boss...(grin)-Unca Sandy

thats funny stuff there sandy!!

sorry to hear you gott that stab ya in the lower leg with a 6" hunting knife feeling! :(
 
Those 'middle-of-the-night' cramps will get your immediate and undivided attention.

Glad that it didn't linger. Be sure to do some stretching, today.
 
A lot of lower leg cramps are caused by being dehydrated. You drink mych water during the day? If not, sounds like you need to..
 
Hmmmmm...Thanks for the tip, Simi ! Think it scared Lauriann pretty good, 'cause I bellered like a bull when it happened...
 
I used to have a lot of problems with it too, until I started drinking more water. It is also something runners deal with a lot because of not drinking enough,
 
There are various causes of night leg cramps. They can come in association with certain diseases like diabetes, so you might want to get a general check-up, but most of the time they result from a relatively simple electrolyte imbalance.

To correct that, try supplemental magnesium (the first/best thing in most cases), calcium, potassium and sodium, along with plenty of water. Vitamin D may be required at the same time, and in some cases Vitamin B-12 is helpful (the latter because the problem is often actually with the nerves, rather than the muscles themselves). I've heard that Vitamin E can also help, but I have no confirmation of that.

Longer-term, correcting dietary imbalances is advisable. Plenty of raw vegetables and fruits will help, as they naturally supply all of the nutrients mentioned above, whose deficiency can trigger the cramps.

[My wife suffered from these periodically for a few years, some years back, so I had lots of experience being awakened at night by pleas to help "work it out"! She eats better now, and no longer has them.]
 
And if you don't like the taste of bananas and water, I've heard you can smoke the peels in a bong.

Radical therapy there Dr.Tentoze!, :yes:

Ole Sandy, after supplementing your body with the suggested sources. Rub some Watkins liniment on those muscles.

Rome
 
Thanx, guys..It's fun..I'm 51, I DO have diabetes, & I take Lasix for edema-swelling- in my legs. Lasix is powerful suff, it flushes the water out, along w/a lot of the vitamins 'n' minerals you need...And no, I didn't drink as much as normal ystrday..But every now & then, you get tired of having to go "drain a little off" every 15 minutes or so...Grrrrrr....Damned if you do 'n' damned if you don't, know what I mean ?!?
 
I too used to have terrible leg cramps, too much excersise. I started drinking more water than any 3 people need to and eat a bananna every other day, damned if they aren`t gone. And you don`t even want to know all the vitamins I take. Suzie doesn`t get them anymore either and Sandy she`s been a type 1 diabetic for 43 yrs!
 
Back
Top Bottom