• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PA0016 chips in year 2020

As far as I am aware, Ebay is not the best bet, it is the ONLY bet. During my search a few years ago I did not come across any others, and I doubt that situation has improved any. There were a few others listed by a Google search but they looked kind of sketchy to me.
 
I have an M90a I'm working on that has this chip, essentially just a Japanese market version of the M91. Predrivers failed and sent full rail voltage to the chip and now I'm seeing about 78 volts to pins 8, 9, 13, and 14. Anyone know of a GOOD source for these chips? Or is eBay my best bet?
Hi L, did you found or got a lead to a good source, I am working too on a Pioneer M90A. bot my PA0015 IC measure diff and I have no idea where to start. Greetz from the Netherlands
 
Hi L, did you found or got a lead to a good source, I am working too on a Pioneer M90A. bot my PA0015 IC measure diff and I have no idea where to start. Greetz from the Netherlands
Not yet, I'm preparing for a full service of the unit as most of the components in the A side have been fried by rail voltage. But from initial investigation it looks like the best thing you can do is put a 14 pin socket in the board and buy some chips off of eBay while you pray one of them works. I do know of a Chinese company who has made some components for me in the past, but silicon is not cheap and very complicated to produce so I doubt the quality of reproductions. Much love for the Netherlands, hoping Max Verstappen joins the WEC soon.
 
Put in the order for a full kit. I figure I'll get the 14 pin socket and a few PA0016 chips and just wing it
 
Back
Top Bottom