• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pacific Northwest AK mini-meet

nosirrah

RIP 11-19-2019
A few of us are planning a get together in Snohomish this Sat June 15 at about 3:30 ...
Planned is some BBQ and lots of music.
It's a BYOB kinda event, there will be some free food and we hope to see you there.
Contact Klownschool or me for details.
Casey
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm in! Looking forward to hanging out with fellow gear-heads, checking out some gear, and listening to some tunes, hoping for some decent weather. Thanks Rick! :thmbsp:
 
Snohomish

Guess Saturday would really be June 16th huh?
Rain or shine Sansui will be represented...
Casey:banana:
 
Yep. Saturday is the 16th and I didn't catch it.

I should have posted this a while ago but I was afraid I would be swamped with people. I am surprised there isn't at least one taker out of the bunch.

We will have fun rain or shine. I am setting up another room for auditioning in case we can't move out to the deck.

Rick
 
I'm in,will be hittin' garage sales and thrifts on the way down to Snohomish,might find the usual crap...might not!!:yes::no::thmbsp: Rob
 
You most likely would have had some takers if anyone had had some notice ahead of time.

for those of use with a 4+ hour drive to attend a days notice during the summer is a little tight.

Sorry wish I could be there but I will be in a dump truck paving a county road. I guess I'll console myself with the 30.00 an hour I'll be making since I already got in 53 hours this week!
 
You most likely would have had some takers if anyone had had some notice ahead of time.

for those of use with a 4+ hour drive to attend a days notice during the summer is a little tight.

Sorry wish I could be there but I will be in a dump truck paving a county road. I guess I'll console myself with the 30.00 an hour I'll be making since I already got in 53 hours this week!

Sorry about that. It was sort of an impromptu deal and I was nervous about whether or not I would have to cancel with a bunch of people coming. So short notice it is. I will give long notice for the next one. Sorry you can't make it. We will post pic's etc.

If anyone else wants to come email/PM me for details.

rick
 
(Bad Joke)

Hey Rick & All,
Just wanted to make sure you know that was a Joke
about "taking some pic's of the Fuzz" if they happened
to show up.
It came from Snade's thread and Pic's of the get together at Powerman Dave's last weekend.
(hope you dont mind me re-posting this priceless
photo Mark!?!)
Decent weather is in the forecast,Have a great time
and I promise to make the next one-
Mark.
 
Last edited:
Listening to NoSirrah's G-8000 through Wharfdale's

Here's a picture I took awhile ago of one of the listening setup at today's event. Great tunes and great food. Thanks Rick for hosting! :thmbsp:

IMAGE_00395.jpg
 
What a super-fun time at Rick' house on the 16th,it was great getting together with the local AK crowd,listening to some fine music,on a super-sweet-nice Sansui receiver(furnished by Casey),listening to some really old,but still got-it Wharfdales owned by Rick,got to hear my Timeframes powered up by the Sansui,got to eat some tasty burgers,the music was excellent,the crowd was small,but everyone got to choose some tunes,and play with some of their gear.Thanks again to everyone who showed up,and to Rick for hosting the event,and setting up all the speakers/gear/preparations for feeding the guest,tidying up the house for strangers,etc,etc.Sorry can't post any photos yet,but beleive me,it was worth showing up. Rob
 
Who's Who?

Right on-Glad you guys had a good time!
It was cloudy all day on the Peninsula,but no precip,
hope it stayed dry for ya'all on the mainland!?!
I would like to hear some reveiws on the gear auditioned and was there any swaps.trades or sales
among you Gent's?Even though I wasnt there-
Thanks for Hosting the event Rick and keeping me in the Loop-Sluggo!
PS-Happy Fathers Day to you Dad's out there!
 
the Event

Hi All,
Klownschool {Rick} hosted a get together and we had fun!!! Great music from Rick's extensive vinyl collection and all the food we could eat...
Got to drive a bunch of differant speakers with some Sansui power and heard some music I had all but forgotten...the last record of the night for me was a Hendrix piece with an AU 9900 amp thru a set of speakers that did Jimi justice...
Good folks, a nice place and got to look at lot's of gear, it doesn't get any better, thank you Rick for hosting, it was good to match faces to some names.
Rick has some ancient Wharfdale 70's that surprised us all and I saw a pair of Sansui SP 3200's that impressed me, those have cast frame drivers and a horn midrange that shoots up through a grill on top. Anyone that doesn't care for Sansui speakers should hear those, I think you may change your mind, but I am maybe just a tad biased.
Rick set up a large audition area in the living room and also has a cool audio room downstairs.
I heard so much music I drove home with the radio in my van off...just remembering...
Casey:music:
 
I would like to hear some reveiws on the gear auditioned and was there any swaps.trades or sales
among you Gent's?Even though I wasnt there-

Hi Mark, I didn't keep track of other swaps/trades/sales but I had a little Nikko TRM-400 Integrated amp (garage sale find for $5 from earlier in the day!). Rob/Retrokeeper was interested in it right away, and I worked out a deal to have him take a look what's wrong with (since he knows ALOT about cassette decks) my ailing Marantz 5025B deck - no sound out of one channel - in return for the Nikko amp. It will be cool to match the Marantz deck with my 2245 receiver - have you seen the lights on those decks? they're amazing.

I also "swapped" some vinyl with Rick/Klownschool - I use that term in quotes because I took 5 or 6 sweet LPs (Trower! Grateful Dead! Neil Young! ) to fill in my collection from his dupe pile to 1 Gary Wright LP I had picked up for him. There was lots of gear, and Rob brought a pile of 1970's stereo magazines (ads for AU-717!) and one of those Blue books which was referenced throughout the event for list prices and release dates, etc. Fun time! :thmbsp:
 
Rick has some ancient Wharfdale 70's that surprised us all and I saw a pair of Sansui SP 3200's that impressed me, those have cast frame drivers and a horn midrange that shoots up through a grill on top. Anyone that doesn't care for Sansui speakers should hear those, I think you may change your mind, but I am maybe just a tad biased.
Rick set up a large audition area in the living room and also has a cool audio room downstairs.
I heard so much music I drove home with the radio in my van off...just remembering...
Casey:music:

Those Warfdale's sounded amazing especially when Rick threw on the Casino Royale LP with Dusty Springfield, or some of Rob's Classical vinyl. Those speakers really opened up with the Sansui G-8000 driving them. :music:
 
PNW Mini Meet

Those Warfdale's sounded amazing especially when Rick threw on the Casino Royale LP with Dusty Springfield, or some of Rob's Classical vinyl. Those speakers really opened up with the Sansui G-8000 driving them. :music:


Just wanted to thank Rick (klownschool) for the hospitality and great tunes and food. I too was impressed with the Whafedales. It is always great to put faces with the AK members on this site. The Sansui G8000 is one impressive receiver. 1st time to see one in person. Hopefully we can do this again soon.
 
the meet

You know what tho?
This weekend I saw Retrokeeper going into a building at a swap meet just after I came out with a Sansui AU 5900 under my arm, then today I see Speakerlabfan lurking about at a thrift that I once took a pair of SP 300 speakers out of one week then the SP 200's the next week.
You fellows will have to arise a bit earlier when hunting with me...LOL.
And you didn't see me did you?
Casey:smoke:
 
Thats a good one Casey:lmao:
I dont get the Volume of gear over here,But it really Cuts down on the competition having to take a Boat
or a floating bridge to get here.
Ive passed this on to a few other members,but if you
see something over here on the peninsula that raises
your interest,Drop me a line and see if its do-able. AK speaker Posse'
 
Back
Top Bottom