• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Paradigm Reference Studio 20 V.2 : Love at First Thump!

I've sold off both of mine but I'm sure I'll own another set. I'd most likely hold out for a set of the Active versions based on the Studio 40 but wouldn't pass on the active 20 model either. The V2 and V3 are the sweet spot (value wise) . but they all sound great.
 
Actually in one of the dumbest marketing moves in decades - Paradigm has discontinued the Studio 20 "name" ?At one point I owned three pairs of Studio 20's (V-2 and V-4) -kept a pair of V-2 (preferred the HF /tweeter of the V-2)which I have been listening to for the last few days again. In preparation for building a couple of Linkwitz LX-mini's I have scrounged up two Adcom GFA-545-II amps that I am running as a half-a** biamp ( One stereo amp on woofers ,one on tweeters). These are pretty darn impressive speakers in a totally relaxed sense - a very good trick. So many small "monitors" give into the temptation to either lump the bass or push the tweeters a little bit (or a lot )- the Studio 20 just seemed to get what the box size and drivers could do -but do it very well.Probably the only speakers I've ever owned that ALL my audio crazed friends agree on.
 
This is an old thread but I just happened to run into a pair of Studio 20 v3s at my local hi-fi shop. Well, they sounded good when I got them home and hooked up my entry level Marantz they were just missing that er, 'sparkle'. They sounded warm and wonderful but there was just something missing. The next step was adding a vintage piece of audio gear to bring out the sparkle, namely a Marantz 1060 (also a sleeper among audio gear). For the last two nights it's been next to impossible to go out of the house. They sound that good. Man, Paradigm and Marantz knocked it out of the park. It's hard to believe that a sound so engaging could come out of an integrated over 50 years old.
 
Back
Top Bottom