• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Patsy Cline

J. H.

Tarheel Fan
Wow, just took a listen to Patsy's greatest hits album I won from Ebay. It was unopened and in mint condition from the 60's. All I can say is what a voice! :yes: Don't know of any singer now who could touch her. Anyone else a Patsy fan?
On another similar note, the sound from the vinyl can't be beat. Haven't listened to a cd that can equal the sound you get from vinyl. I recently cleaned up the collection and got out the TT and can't believe that I kept this stuff put up all those years. Oh well, think I'll put on the Moody Blues and chill out.
 
Register to hide this ad
I would Love to get my hands a mint Lp of Patsy. I do have a 8 disk set of her and her greatest Hits but on CD. I think she is the Greatest female singer of all time. :banana:

Ron
 
I'm pretty much a full blown headbanger....but I love Patsy Cline.

Probably because Mom payed a lot of Patsy Cline when I was a little gutter snipe.
 
Patsy Cline is arguably as fine a female singer as there ever has been. Current ones who can run a very strong race as far as powerful voices- I don't always care for WHAT she sings, but with the right material, k.d. lang can turn a hurricane back offshore. Likewise with Neko Case, whose usual song selection is more in line with my normal listening habits. Neko has some pipes.............
 
Many fine country, pop and rock female singers owe a lot to Patsy. (Can anyone say Linda Thermostadt?) I have a friend who generally listens to hard stuff (Iggy Pop-Depeche Mode-Green Day) but he loves his Patsy Cline...and I do too! :yes:
 
Thanks for intruduce me in the world of a Great Lady that i didn't no nothing.
'til now. :yes:

Gracias.
clint.
 
I have the complete collection of pretty much everything she ever recorded. I also agree that she's one of the best female vocalists ever.

What's your favorite song? I have to go with "Faded Love". Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck every time I hear it. :thmbsp:
 
I really like Patsy Cline as her voice has presence and power INMHO. Another sleeper is the 80's ladies CD by K.T. Oslin. The song Hey Bobby will get your attention at volume. So will a couple of others on that CD. It isn't rock & isn't country. Just damned good music.
 
I have a variety of her LPs in mint, prime playable condition. My speakers do female vocals exceptionally well and she is really something to listen too. Beautiful, beautiful voice to be sure. Two big :thmbsp: up!
 
I like her a lot, but SWMBO doesn't, so I don't play her as much as I might.

Jim Reeves too. Great singing voice. :thmbsp:
 
outlawmws said:
I like her a lot, but SWMBO doesn't, so I don't play her as much as I might.

Jim Reeves too. Great singing voice. :thmbsp:

Yeah, Jim could really sing, too! Can't wait to get his album of greatest hits.
Was raised on this stuff, and it's funny how the older you get, the more you seem to want to listen/get the stuff you grew up with. :scratch2:

As far as Patsy goes, I'll take, Crazy. Back in the day, my mom used to sing in night clubs with Frankie Lane, and she used to sing this to us. Brings back a lot of memoires.
 
Ya know. It's funny. I'm a massive country fan and always have been for as far back as I can remember. But, I'm not a fan of Patsy Cline or Tammy Wynette.

For me it's too much of the downtrodden broken woman sound. Although strangely enough I do like some of her tracks. Like BACK IN MY BABY's ARMS instance.


Mandy Barnett is a really good listen for those who like Patsy Cline.

Fully agree on Jim Reeves. I got a load of original RCA Mono LPs from a boot sale last year that are just perverse. Superb sound. Too good to be true. $.025 each !
 
I have several Jim Reeves 78's over at my brothers house. Many of the titles haven't aged a single bit and lean heavily towards that grey area that Patsy Cline fell into...you know...not exactly country...not exactly pop. "The Wilder Your Heart Beats, The Sweeter You Love" is a standout among them and is impossible to forget once you hear it.
 
CELT said:
I have several Jim Reeves 78's over at my brothers house. SNIP.


:jawdrop:

I had no idea Jim went back so far. I know he died young, and my dad had a dozen or more of his albums, but all were 33's.

And apologies to JH for the hijack, I only commented as SWMBO has no appreciation for Jim and Patsy, and the genre in general. (And she say's I'm limited in my musical intrests... :scratch2: )
 
Well, it's interesting that these two artists ended up on the same thread. When I was a tyke, I had a few 45 rpm EP's that featured both Jim and Patsy on them. I seem to recall each 45 had four songs and there were a set of four. Bear in mind, back then RCA Victor 45 rpm 7" record changers were quite common. Oh, 78's were still being pressed in the late 50's.
 
Reading this thread inspired me to go to ebay to check out the Patsy Cline titles.I got on an auction and won a CD called :The Patsy Cline Story.A comp with 2 albums worth of songs on one CD.Its got a good selection of her hits so this will get me going with her music....David
 
Back
Top Bottom