• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Patsy Cline

I know what you mean dmax, I almost want to go out in the garage and see what I do have. I know there are 2 or 3 albums and 7-8 45's. Not yet though.

Carl
 
CarlV said:
I know what you mean dmax, I almost want to go out in the garage and see what I do have. I know there are 2 or 3 albums and 7-8 45's. Not yet though.

Carl
Ya shes one of those singers that every time I hear one of her songs I think ,man I gotta get some of her stuff.But I never do, til now....David
 
Glad to see that my post has gotten some fellow AK'ers to buy some Patsy stuff or dust off the old stuff. :yes:
I won the auction for the Jim Reeves auction,($1.99), and it should be here next week. Anxious to give it a listen. :banana:
Anyway, anyone else finding that they are listening to/wanting to listen to the stuff they listened to as kids, and swore that they would never listen to again?
Strange, that the urge seems to lurk somewhere in the nether regions of the brain and gets stronger the older you get. What's nice though, is that you can indulge the urge pretty cheaply if you shop around. A couple of weeks ago I won 4 near mint, Seals & Crofts albums for .01. Yes, .01. Best penny I've spent in a while.
 
OK, I went and dusted off a fewas i'm doing laundry and they are by the dryer. These do need a bit of cleaning.

Carl
 
I couldn't find the others, I did get rid of 2/3 of my 45's and they must have been in them. I did keep a couple hundred ones I thought were cool though.

Carl
 
Patsy is hard to beat when you're sitting in the man cave sipping a cold one. There is something about that voice combined with all those strings. Wow they don't make "country" music like that anymore.

What you need to do is follow a Patsy album with one by Floyd Cramer. Hopefully one with "On the Rebound" or "Last Date" on it. Man could that guy play the piano. Good stuff!
 
Last edited:
Of course Mel Haggard singing "Today I Started Lovin You Again" ain't bad either.

That brings up the subject of musical tastes. When I was young all I wanted to listen to were 60s rock groups. We had the best of the best. And I still love them. But as I have aged I have begun to look back at some stuff I would have never listened to before and see just how good it was/is. The old country artists wrote some fine music; people like George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Jim Reeves, Ray Charles (yes Ray did great country) Merl Haggard, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Buck Owens, and people I can't remember right now. It's good we can always go back, listen, and find something new and fresh in the old recordings.
 
I like Patsy, but after listening to just one of her albums (which is all I can take in one sitting), I want to scream, "For godsake woman! GET OVER HIM and get on with your life!!!" :lmao:
 
Patsy is one of those singers who makes me enjoy recordings that I ought to dislike, and probably would if the singer were anyone else. Ray Charles was another. Often I'm repulsed by orchestration like her songs have all over them, but she is just such a force that it gets me over that. If they ever released a remix of her recordings with the strings and background singers removed, I'd be over the moon.
 
Back
Top Bottom