• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pc speakers ? And subs can you mix and match somehow?

Musichal, DaveVoorhis, and so many others in this thread have given you good advice about what can help you get decent sound out of your computer. So let me add to that, and also say that I'm using exactly what they're recommending: a little 'chip' amp.

Here's a link to one that's actually on sale for only $20, which is a really good price:

https://www.parts-express.com/lepai...-stereo-amplifier-with-power-supply--310-3000

You have said, more than once, that you have bookshelf speakers lying around. Depending on their efficiency, these little Lepai amps might surprise you. I'm using one with my Mac to power a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers, with no feeling of it being underpowered. It is a vast improvement over any computer speakers I've used in the past.

Lastly, as someone else also pointed out, you frequently mention how broke you are; yet you seem to often pony up small dollars for junky stuff at the thrifts. Ante up a measly $20 while the Lepai is on sale, hook it to your sound jack on your computer, and then hook your bookshelf speakers to it. All that other stuff can go back to the thrifts.
I used that amp to power a pair of JBL L-26 Decades to a reasonable/loud level with little distortion, although it could be overdriven.
 
I used that amp to power a pair of JBL L-26 Decades to a reasonable/loud level with little distortion, although it could be overdriven.
Problem is not finding a cheap amp problem is my mom thinks tv speakers are better despite the migraines -I get form them . Wish I had saved more money this on sale for a short time .never thought a flea amp was so useful should had bought some last time I had money.
 
Problem is not finding a cheap amp problem is my mom thinks tv speakers are better despite the migraines -I get form them . Wish I had saved more money this on sale for a short time .
Well then. about the only solution I can think of is to get your own place. Until then, be a man, buckle up, and accept that she makes the rules. It's her place. She pays the bills.
 
I used that amp to power a pair of JBL L-26 Decades to a reasonable/loud level with little distortion, although it could be overdriven.

Skipper, I'm a bit surprised.....but in a good way.....to hear that the little Lepai could even drive that vintage JBL Decade line. I had those exact same speakers a few years ago, and while they sounded quite good, I always felt like they could have used more power than I was giving them.
 
Back
Top Bottom