• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pearl Harbor Day

skippy_ps

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A salute to the 2,400 servicemen and women that lost their lives defending our country 68 years ago.

Murray
 
Register to hide this ad
Every sailor knows this day. Was the highlight of my time spent in the Navy steaming into Pearl Harbor.
 
I was up at 4 am and the Ben Affleck movie was on. Dialogue and acting is kinda cheesy Hollywood, but at least it informed younger generations a bit about WWII history.

Rest in peace, lost ones. :sigh:
 
A salute to the 2,400 servicemen and women that lost their lives defending our country 68 years ago.

Murray

Seconded! I've been to the Arizona Memorial twice, and it's something that you have to experience - words don't do it justice.
 
A tragic day that I hope we'll never forget. I hope to visit the Arizona memorial some day.
 
One of my grandfather's friends made him a desk plaque that says "Remember Pearl Harbor" during the early days of the war. I still have it on a bookshelf at home - it's both a reminder of that tragic day and a tangible link to Grandpa. He's been gone for almost 14 years now. :(

I've been to the Arizona Memorial once. My dad and I came close to getting into a brawl with a bunch of rude Japanese tourists. Neither one of is exactly the fighting type, either.
 
A very tragic day. I went to the Arizona about 10 years ago. Very moving and they had some veterans there to talk about what happened.

At the rate were losing WWII veterans we need to keep this going...
 
A tragic day that I hope we'll never forget. I hope to visit the Arizona memorial some day.
I saw it in 1980.

Other than being an American and knowing about the site and the date from the history books, it had no special significance in my life. Until I went there.

It's one of those things or places in your life you can "feel" when you're there, and you will never forget it.

Forever in our memory..........:thmbsp:
 
It seems like every year there is less and less coverage. Especially on the TV news. It is also surprising how many young people don't even remember what happened this day.
 
There was a short spot on our local news tonight, about them recently finding a small 2-man Japanese submarine near there. It carried 2 torpedoes, both fired.
 
I can remember people talking about this when I was a kid...Seems like they got a lot more wound up about it than we did about 9/11. Even then, & that was a good 25 years after it happened...
 
Back
Top Bottom