• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pensacola CL: Vintage Hi-Fi equipment, Yamaha, Sansui, Marantz etc

Register to hide this ad
LOL! I was just about to make a thread with that link. I asked if he was interested in trading for some stuff. He didn't reply yet.

Update: I don't think he was interested in trading or at least not for anything I have. He didn't even reply to me. :(
 
If anyone is interested, I sent him an email inquiring about the Sansui gear and here is the reply.

Here is a list of the items...Pioneer: CT-F1250 Cassette Deck (top
model) $150.00, Pl-L1000 Tangential tracking turntable $99.00, CT-F800
Cassette Deck $35.00 PL-71 Sansui: 9090DB Receiver $275, AU-7900
Integrated Amp $195. TU-7900 Tuner $99.00 Yamaha M-80 250 watt Power
Stereo Amp $225. Nad: 7240PE Receiver w/ pre-out/in $99.00 B & O
bookshelf speakers $50.00 Nakamichi PA-5 100 watt channel Stasis Power
amp $399. RCA surround sound amp w/ 5 speakers $65.00 Powered sub for
surround sys. $65.00 JBL 4312 control monitors $750. These items were
all working last year when checked and will be checked before any
purchase. I don't have any pics yet, but, I'll work on it.
 
Yeah, I called and asked about them. Couldn't tell me anything about the brand since the label was gone but they "play real loud."

Sheez.......

If you're going to be in the Pensacola area tomorrow you might want to check out this guy's garage sale. I stopped by today but kept my hands in my pockets. The wife says I need to do something with what I have here first. I saw about 10 pairs of speakers (including Infinitys, Sony, Sansui), a Denon receiver, couple of Sansui tuners, several cd changers, a Pioneer receiver (can't remember the model now)

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/gms/628972401.html
 
Gotta love those piece of string sales.

If you can bother to take a pic, is it too hard to mention how long it is?

The sellers that go to the trouble to copy/paste the specs and then leave out a model# just kill me.
 
Yeah, I might have to stop there. Were his asking prices reasonable?

Brutal, I agree with that. I find at least a few of those every day. Annoying that I have to email someone just to ask for what they could have typed in two seconds.
 
His prices were pretty decent. If I didn't have my workshop full of computers I'm putting together for PCsforkids I would have scored some of the gear. And I don't need any more speakers. Three pair for two rigs is enough, or so my wife says anyway.
 
Druid, I drove by that house off 9 mile. After all that rain, they must have called the yard sale off. I called, left message, never got a response.

Here's another CL ad for JBL speakers, $125:

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/ele/631311141.html

I emailed him with some questions. Here's his response:

I don’t know the model but will look for the paperwork on them. I bought them from a friend in 2000. The cones are fine and they work very good. I never used them much and finally disconnected them when my 2 year-olds began taking the knobs of my componets. Cosmetic wise they have a few little scratches but nothing major. There is a sticker that was on the right side of one of the speakers when I got it- a military sticker from a tank turret about hearing protection required. I also have a set of Klipch which are a bit better that I’d let go for $150. They are a bit more narrow but taller than the JBL’s.
 
Back
Top Bottom