• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Personalized my Magnavox 9304

It's an amp pulled from a Magnavox console unit. Just prettied up a bit with a case, some paint, some wiring mods and a few new parts.

Using it with a Hafler DH110 preamp and some JBL modified Aztec speakers and it's sounding pretty good, even though not in the greatest acoustic environment.
 
Just placed an order for some more caps to knock out some more mods. Will change out all of the other resistors that I missed this time too. I'll hopefully hear just how good this thing can sound.

So far, no wooden hats in place, but I think they may end up on the OPT's only. No one commented on the light in the multi cap cannister. That must be a no-no.
 
Very nice job. :thmbsp: How do you like the sound?


Steve

So far, so good. The sound improved after changing a few out of whack resistors. It's not quite powerful enough in my large living room, but it's in my den right now and is plenty of power. Not the greatest acoustic environment though. It seems to be more sensitive to badly produced music than my other amps. I think the next round of upgrades will move it up another notch. I've tried it with 3 different preamps and it sounds different with each one. Doesn't seem like my SS amps are as affected by the different preamps.

I'd like to run it with a tube preamp (which I don't have), but funds may get in the way for awhile. Or I could sell a few things:yes:.
 
Mods all done and it's burning in now. I won't go into the audiophile descriptions like, smoother and more refined. I won't say wider soundstage or a veil has been lifted. Or the mids are spectacular in their presentation.

All I will say for now is :banana::banana::banana:. And :banana: for good measure.

Probably no more serious listening until later tonite or tomorrow, but all indications are very, very much improved.
 
Back
Top Bottom