• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phillips 312 Left Channel Out - What to Try Next?

I tried other cartridges but my original slide only fits the original Philips G400 cartridge well (because of the height of the bolt support where it's clamped) so they insert so that the pins touch the slide contacts in the back. Not really versatile.
Nothing better than a photo to explain. I slid it slightly forward so you can see it better

Ah, you have the different slide with the wraparound. Mine is just a flat slide with the lead wires. There was no clear plastic protractor. I have the position roughed in, sound was good, will check the alignment a bit more thoroughly tonight.
 
One surprise of this new compact table - you really can't safely close the dust cover when the record is playing. I nearly damaged a favorite jazz album (Jack deJohnette's New Directions) trying to close the cover. The design of the plinth and dust cover leaves something to be desired. Weird. That is one feature I love on my B&O 1700 table. Very easy to safely close the lid and the combination of the sprung platter and the nice hinges help protect the record from skipping upon closure.
 
One surprise of this new compact table - you really can't safely close the dust cover when the record is playing. I nearly damaged a favorite jazz album (Jack deJohnette's New Directions) trying to close the cover. The design of the plinth and dust cover leaves something to be desired. Weird. That is one feature I love on my B&O 1700 table. Very easy to safely close the lid and the combination of the sprung platter and the nice hinges help protect the record from skipping upon closure.

Not sure what you mean here. Mine works fine. Do you mean that the tension of the hinges is too stiff and it makes the record skip when you close it? If so, you can adjust the screws on the hinge assembly to make it close easier.
 
No, rather that the cover comes too close to the spinning record on the front side. The cover looks like it's correctly aligned... Weird.
 
Back
Top Bottom