• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

photo assignments

OK, back to the question at hand; How do we make this idea work in a forum environment?
 
OK, folks, let's give this another try without the attitude in the posts I've deleted.
 
Thanks, Rich!

fiddler.jpg


chapman_stick.jpg


fireworks2.jpg


sparklers2.jpg
 
July 4th, Independence Day is one day. But the spirit of this day can be and should be celebrated every day. Expand your mind and your photography will follow or something like that.

:D
 
Last edited:
.....I didn't brave the heat this July 4th for the fireworks display here in Little Rock, but here's some shots from last year....the fireworks were detonated from the Main Street Bridge, and these shots were from the next bridge east, a retired railroad bridge named The Junction Bridge, which is now a walking bridge....both bridges span the Arkansas River connecting Little Rock and North Little Rock.....

.....used my 24-70 f/2.8, aperture-priority manually set to f/5.6....test shots before the show gave me about an 8 second exposure....during the show, I'd get 3-4-5 second total exposures, with the explosions getting roughly 1 to 2 seconds....I talked to a friend who went this year and he said he liked the show last year better, so here we go.....

_DSC1613.jpg


_DSC1616.jpg


_DSC1617.jpg


_DSC1621.jpg


_DSC1644.jpg


_DSC1654.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice shots!
.....Thank You, Sir....I'm going to say a lot of luck was involved....it was my first time to attempt fireworks shots, but I tried to think it out in advance using aperture-priority.....
 
Last edited:
the 4th in small town Virginia....nothing great but the time spent there.
 

Attachments

  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 10
I still believe that the logistics of this will go better if the pics are consolidated into their own parallel thread(s) to this one but WITHOUT TEXT, linked from this one and the link placed in the OP.

Without that, it will go as is seen thus far- some pics, lots of yakity-yak, then the next pic. After a while, it becomes tedious to root through it all (gasp).

The problem might arise when wanting to discuss another's pic (from the parallel thread). But that is easy if everyone knows how to link the photo being discussed over from the 'pic only' thread.

Or, perhaps we allow two or three days to elapse per set of photos for assessment (and nothing else gets posted), then critique time is over for that set, then the next set would go up. And so on...

Whatever happens, you are correct Ice- it will require order and discipline to run well.
 
Last edited:
Here are some I got at our town's 4th parade. Was not the best conditions because of almost mid day sunlight.

DSC14831.jpg


DSC14723.jpg


My grand daughter.
DSC14789.jpg


DSC14793.jpg


DSC14709.jpg


DSC14725.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom