• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Some new additions: Sansui 7070 & Hsu Stf-2.

My av yamaha died the other day so using the Sansui temporarily. Have been selling off some of my other audio gear to put more into the HT/music room as we spend the majority of our time in there.

Also, I bought a new Belkin 8 outlet surge (3550j).

248447491_o.jpg

Nice :thmbsp:
 
Interesting thread ... some great spaces!!!

This is my very small third floor listening room. I use Auralex 2" pyramid StudioFoam. I found the corner bass traps to be noticeably ineffective, so I have removed them.

system (from chair):
picture.php


to the left from listening chair (note AudioKarma on the screen!):
picture.php



picture.php


to the right from listening chair:
picture.php


My listening chair (from computer):
picture.php
 
Here is my humble shrine to a few of the vintage greats.
TV, who needs it?
Timewindow 1A, TF-1000, JBL L112, Dahlquist Dq-10
 

Attachments

  • who needs TV.jpg
    who needs TV.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 395
Interesting thread ... some great spaces!!!

This is my very small third floor listening room. I use Auralex 2" pyramid StudioFoam. I found the corner bass traps to be noticeably ineffective, so I have removed them.

system (from chair):
picture.php


to the left from listening chair (note AudioKarma on the screen!):
picture.php



picture.php


to the right from listening chair:
picture.php


My listening chair (from computer):
picture.php

Interesting room and lot's of potential, but I need to point out an issue with these absorbers.

From what I've read over the past month or so - and it's a lot but I'm nowhere an expert - these foam absorbers aren't doing anything good. They are absorbing some high frequencies and that's just that.

Your room has great potential. It has an angled roof in the correct orientation (low in the front, high in the back).

Only problem is that you have to sit against the back wall.

You seem to have enough absorbtion in the high frequencies with all those nice couches and enough diffraction coming from the shelves.

Look up info on bass traps and mineral wool panels. The corner bass traps need to have 4" of rigid mineral wool straddled against the corners. And you should also put them against the walls on first reflection points - where you now have the foams.

And it would help if you put one such panel on each of the two doors, maintaining a 3-4" distance from the door.

Most of the low frequency content radiates at 360 degrees, hits the side walls and bounces towards the listening chair and to the ceiling bouncing to the back wall.
 
It's hard to say, I guess it's sort of an apples and oranges thing. The Dq-10's being a 5 way, and very power hungry, and the Timeframes are 3 way, and more efficient. The Dahlquists are in need of new caps, and the Timframes have freshly replaced tweeters. I would say the Dahlquists have better soundstage and imaging, but for what the Timeframes are, they definitely hold their own. So, in somewhat of an open-ended conclusion, bang for the buck the Timeframes are hard to beat, but if you have plenty of power, a good sized room, and a little bit of time, I the the Dq-10's will be the most rewarding.:thmbsp:

The Dq-10's are a clear winner. I discovered yesterday that they fit perfectly in my front windows, so that ranks pretty high on the "piss the neighbors off factor." (all I was trying to do was drown out the Dionne Warwick that was blasting on their Theater Research speakers)
 
Last edited:
My sound System

My sound System
 

Attachments

  • DSC01817.JPG
    DSC01817.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC01816.JPG
    DSC01816.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC01818.JPG
    DSC01818.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01830.JPG
    DSC01830.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01820.JPG
    DSC01820.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 341
I love this thread, you have great setups guys:)

This is my main system, rest of gear is hidden here and there....
CD, pre and power amp together weigh 120 kg...;)
 

Attachments

  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00125.jpg
    DSC00125.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC00127.jpg
    DSC00127.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 226
It is absolutely amazing how many members have killer systems with the speakers right against the wall or jammed in the corners and there seem to be a lot of speakers sitting on the floor. It should be against the law for women to be allowed to arrange furniture or have any input on it. (I am assuming this is why we're seeing this.) In 28 years of marriage I have learned that if you allow a woman to arrange the furniture in ANY room the very first thing they do is place a big piece of furniture in front of every electrical outlet in the room. It would be interesting to know if you are a single male when you post a photo of your set up. If you are married and you really want good sound you must place your system in a seperate detached building. Women CANNOT grasp the concept of high fidelity. I love my wife but if you try to tell her that the speakers need to be out in the room she gives you "the look." You guys know what I'm talking about.
 
Women CANNOT grasp the concept of high fidelity.

There may be a few around here who would disagree with you, including one forum moderator.:D

I agree with you about the importance of speaker placement, though.
 
Last edited:
It is absolutely amazing how many members have killer systems with the speakers right against the wall or jammed in the corners and there seem to be a lot of speakers sitting on the floor. It should be against the law for women to be allowed to arrange furniture or have any input on it. (I am assuming this is why we're seeing this.) In 28 years of marriage I have learned that if you allow a woman to arrange the furniture in ANY room the very first thing they do is place a big piece of furniture in front of every electrical outlet in the room. It would be interesting to know if you are a single male when you post a photo of your set up. If you are married and you really want good sound you must place your system in a seperate detached building. Women CANNOT grasp the concept of high fidelity. I love my wife but if you try to tell her that the speakers need to be out in the room she gives you "the look." You guys know what I'm talking about.

LOL! so true so true. My wife constantly tries to convince me to move my speakers to bizarre locations. its infuriating. I'm looking forward to the day we move into a place large enough for me to have my own "man cave" like so many of you lucky dogs on this forum.
 
Women CANNOT grasp the concept of high fidelity. I love my wife but if you try to tell her that the speakers need to be out in the room she gives you "the look." You guys know what I'm talking about.

maybe you need to grasp the thumb out of your ass i find it neither funny or true in your generalization and denigration of women
 
Back
Top Bottom