• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

urizen,

first time i've seen a lava lamp that didn't look goofy in a picture. yours look really nice in its place. :thmbsp:
 
Very nice setup there Urizen! Compact and clean as well as powerful. Hmmm I wonder where he got that APC power conditioner? :D
 
Thanks to a bit of horse tradin' with my good buddy Bill, my first Class D amps; Channel Island Audio VMB-1:

IMG_0664_edited.jpg


IMG_0665_edited.jpg

Those look like they are right at home Ken....:yes:
 
That looks awesome.

If you could hide/group some of those wires it would sharpen up the look a bit.

Yes. Working on it. Need to work out if we're moving the TV a little to the right.

And the person who guessed rowing machine is right. It has a water tank with paddles for resistance. Although I do kind of like the Kung Fu idea. :scratch2:
 
Those look like they are right at home Ken....:yes:

Thank you, sir. I'm enjoying them, and the cooler room!

Nice set up what do you think of the Polks?

Nice sounding speakers. They're a little loose sounding on the very bottom octave, but otherwise, very smooth. The cabinets are very resonant. I hope some dampening will tighten things up, along with fresh caps.
 
Last edited:
Just cleaned up my room. Getting rid of the CRT TV and building a new cabinet to unclutter things was one of the best things I've done.

room.jpg
 
Just cleaned up my room. Getting rid of the CRT TV and building a new cabinet to unclutter things was one of the best things I've done.

That white cable makes a big difference, a setup after my own heart. :music:

The only nitpick is the visual balance between the artwork and the clock and that's a personal thing (problem?) of mine. A++ on the setup man.
 
Blend of old and new-
Paradigm Monitor 7's
Sansui 881 (mint, free from neighbor:yippy:)
AKG K240 Studio headphones run through Onkyo R550

Mitsubishi HC 1500 projector and various accoutrements.

System sounds great, the Sansui smooths the paradigm's bright high-end, and brings the old school "real watts", while the monitor 7's look presentable enough that mom doesn't gripe too much.

All purchased through pathetic teenage income:( (My piggy bank will never be the same...)

hope you approve.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 277
If it's any consolation, you're doing a hell of a lot better than I was when I was in my teens. Or my 20s or 30s, for that matter. Except I always had a turntable, so there!
 
Back
Top Bottom