• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Just set it up today. Next step is installing clips behind the shelving through which to route the cables and wires. And cleaning all the crap off the media stand between my speakers :)
That looks really sharp, Rob! :thmbsp:

What kind of shelves are those (the tall ones)?
 
Originally posted by robobxman:Just set it up today. Next step is installing clips behind the shelving through which to route the cables and wires. And cleaning all the crap off the media stand between my speakers
Looks very nice! Love the tubes on top, and those are some hefty looking shelves,:thmbsp:
 
new system!

these, at the apple store ...

photo15i.jpg



photo16c.jpg


photo17m.jpg




at least they work ... (sleep walkin smiley goes here)
 
I have already posted pictures of these in another post but i dont mind showing them again.:DThe first picture is the 15" Audio Nirvana full range speakers without the grill on,the second is the same with grill on and the third is of the matching rack.I made the speakers and the matching rack in the last two weeks.The speakers sound incredible.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1832.jpg
    100_1832.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_1828.jpg
    100_1828.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_1825.jpg
    100_1825.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 397
My Home Office system.

This is my first post to this thread, and it shows my home office system. The primary source is a Marantz DV-6001 DVD/SACD player. For redbook playback the Marantz feeds the PS Audio Ultralink Two DAC, which I prefer over the Marantz's own internal DACs. Both of these sources along with one of my laptops are connected to a PS Audio 5.6 preamplifier. A Velodyne F-1200 servo-controlled subwoofer receives the signal from the preamp, sending frequencies above 85Hz (6db/octave slope) to an Adcom GFA-555II power amplifier, which powers a pair of Infinity Modulus satellites. The satellites are mounted on original Modulus stands.

Due to the relatively low efficiency of the Modulus speakers, this system is somewhat volume limited. This may be a problem in a large listening space, but in my 14' x14' office it is more than sufficient, while sounding wonderful.

I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Rob

homeoffice-4.jpg


homeoffice-2.jpg


homeoffice-3.jpg


homeoffice-1.jpg
 
I have already posted pictures of these in another post but i dont mind showing them again.:DThe first picture is the 15" Audio Nirvana full range speakers without the grill on,the second is the same with grill on and the third is of the matching rack.I made the speakers and the matching rack in the last two weeks.The speakers sound incredible.

Nice job on the speakers, very interesting. Would love to hear what a 15" full range is capable of. The rack is also very cool, nice design!
 
Well, after a few weekends, late nights making speaker cables, a billion trips to the Rotel dealer and a few monoprice orders, I think I'm done for a while, (still waiting on one RMB-1085.)

I knew that if I added one more piece of equipment, that I'd have to go with a rack. Well Listen Up here had an RLC-1040 conditioner on clearance, and that started the whole upgrade. After a little research, I found that you can buy Sanus parts and connect them with a threaded rod. That made it really easy to get each shelf the height I wanted. Also got a deal on an RDV-1045 which I'm just using as a quicky CD transport. Kinda nice to just pop something in instead of putzing with the PS3.

For the Sub, I'm spiking it through the bottom shelf onto a smaller shelf hidden underneath. That way I could keep my sub there but isolated from the rack. Just waiting on one small part to finish that. Recabled EVERYTHING and made the rest of my speaker cables, (from the DIY thread.)

Oh, and ditched the DLP Sony for the LCD.

So hopefully, I'm done for a while. I guess sonically, I really didn't change anything. Just finally nice to clean everything up. Nice not seeing wires everywhere too...

audio_0509_01.jpg
 
Rob, man that is some eye candy, and I am sure it is ear candy as well. Simply beautiful.
That Velodyne looks like a beast.
 
That looks really sharp, Rob! :thmbsp:

What kind of shelves are those (the tall ones)?

Thanks for the kind words!

The shelves are a discontinued Pottery Barn item. VERY heavy and sturdy, with ample room for big pieces of gear. Each tower has a permanent shelf in the middle - the one holding my TT - that can hold over 200 lbs, and each adjustable shelf is 1" thick solid wood.

I bought the two towers, and the tv stand in the background, for $400 - brand new, never opened, off of Craigslist. Couldn't be happier.
 
Back
Top Bottom