• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pics of your listening space

Here's ManCave v2. These are systems 2 and 3 in my sig with a few spare components sitting safely in the rack.

I still have some wiring work to do, and the power conditioner will go in the space below when the rack mount ears show up tomorrow.

rack-v2b.jpg

rack-v2a.jpg
 
Thanks, And yes,
it did help a lot, not so much in the sound, but a lot in the "soundstage" if you know what I mean. made everything sound more "in front of you". I just installed speaker spikes this evening... to be honest, I can't tell any difference, but the sure make them look better!


Sweet! I was just inquiring on weather other II owner's have even done this over in the Infinity forum. Post some pics!
 
I added a few things to the HT since my last post. New in this picture is the Yamaha RX-V2092. Also the metal cd tower and AM/FM antenna I bought at a thrift store. The shark fin looking thing is the antenna. I used double sided tape to attach it in the tower. It was never meant to be, but works great like this.

ps..obviously I'm in need of more cd's
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 145
Ok. I finally have the gull to post mine. Nothing to really write home about. I have a Marantz 1060 that needs some work but it works fine. I switch it out every few months with the Harmon Kardon. The Infinities are new. Just got em. My god do they sound beautiful. So dramatic and forward sounding. Extremely detailed too.

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php



Hope you like
 
I added a few things to the HT since my last post. New in this picture is the Yamaha RX-V2092. Also the metal cd tower and AM/FM antenna I bought at a thrift store. The shark fin looking thing is the antenna. I used double sided tape to attach it in the tower. It was never meant to be, but works great like this.

ps..obviously I'm in need of more cd's

Labyrinth, Good movie.:D
 
Ok. I finally have the gull to post mine. Nothing to really write home about. I have a Marantz 1060 that needs some work but it works fine. I switch it out every few months with the Harmon Kardon. The Infinities are new. Just got em. My god do they sound beautiful. So dramatic and forward sounding. Extremely detailed too.

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php



Hope you like
Cool stuff.. I really want a pair of them Infinity's.....:yes:
 
Is that an Ekornes Stressless chair? :scratch2:
Scott

No. It is a cheapie I originally bought for around $100. The seat is sagging a bit now and that is why I originally elevated it with the wooden stand. I have since removed that and have some extra pillows to fill in the seat. I wish the back of it was a bit lower, but the pillows do help to raise my ears just above it.

Dave
 
Ok. I finally have the gull to post mine. Nothing to really write home about. I have a Marantz 1060 that needs some work but it works fine. I switch it out every few months with the Harmon Kardon. The Infinities are new. Just got em. My god do they sound beautiful. So dramatic and forward sounding. Extremely detailed too.

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php



Hope you like

Man im tempted to get some of those infinitys for a computer setup :drool:
 
I just got them yesterday and today(they only ship them one at a time). I have been going through my cds listening for all the songs that give me "holy crap" moments through headphones. These things are delivering more "holy crap" moments than I've had in a long time. Smooth smooth high end. The bass is not bloated or boomey but tight and controlled. The mids are just absolutely liquid pouring out of these things. I won't be upgrading for along time. Maybe the amp but not the speakers.:rockon:
 
I just got them yesterday and today(they only ship them one at a time). I have been going through my cds listening for all the songs that give me "holy crap" moments through headphones. These things are delivering more "holy crap" moments than I've had in a long time. Smooth smooth high end. The bass is not bloated or boomey but tight and controlled. The mids are just absolutely liquid pouring out of these things. I won't be upgrading for along time. Maybe the amp but not the speakers.:rockon:

Ill bet they sound awesome with that H/K reciever
 
120 watts/ch. Barely ever breaks a sweat even in summer.
Eventually I hope to get a nad, rotel, or cambridge entry level. Not sure yet. I really like having a remote.
 
I just got them yesterday and today(they only ship them one at a time). I have been going through my cds listening for all the songs that give me "holy crap" moments through headphones. These things are delivering more "holy crap" moments than I've had in a long time. Smooth smooth high end. The bass is not bloated or boomey but tight and controlled. The mids are just absolutely liquid pouring out of these things. I won't be upgrading for along time. Maybe the amp but not the speakers.:rockon:

The little Infinity's are spreadin' like wildfire...hehehe!
 
this is the system that is conected to my computer.
a sony ta-f645r amplifier and a pair of cerwin vega cls6 loudspeakers.
It plays loud and sound realy nice. even has a lot of bass for its size.

CIMG0254.jpg
 
Here are some new pics.
What's new?
The Marantz CD-73
The Panamax power conditioner
The LP Shelf (Ikea)
Two new LD players
The Maxell poster
The Bottleheads on the shelf ready for final touches

The summer/spring is here and that means a LOT more time outside. This fall and winter will suck me back into the audio gig :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7738.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,564
  • IMG_7737.jpg
    IMG_7737.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,455
  • IMG_7736.jpg
    IMG_7736.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,444
  • php7oujKaPM.jpg
    php7oujKaPM.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Here is my Listening Space/Project Studio.At my old house.. Now its all in boxes waiting to be put back out..

photo-2.jpg


photo-6-1.jpg



Here is my gear I found in the back of my studio closet that I am looking to add to my set-up in the new Place..

photo-4.jpg


Better Look at the Rack
 
Indeed! :yes:

Your workbench by the window looks great, too.


Thanks! Yes it is nice. Sadly, most of the work I do there is at night.:scratch2:

I got the chair back nearly 2 feet, which makes a big difference in the stage. I was planning (maybe in the winter) a slap-back acoustic test/treatment. I have a co-worker/buddy who might come over and analyze the room. Work has some left-over wall treatments from the old theatre. We'll see.


Here is a new pic of the Living room set-up and the NEW model 14 Altec's!
attachment.php
 
Finally got around to snapping some pics of the living room.

Whole shebang put together:

whole%20system.jpg


The black speakers with the cookie racks are the AV fronts. They have side firing 10" subs on the bottom. The ones next to them are my MTM TL's, my main 2ch speakers. The ones on the black ones are Indignias and the others are something I'm working on right now. The speaker setup tends to be somewhat fluid depending on what I'm working on at the time. If I really get the urge to do things right I pull the mains out in the room a bit.


Primary system and AV:

system%20big%20+%20av.jpg


The Oppo DV-970HD in the middle feeds the AV system on top with digital signal and the main system on the bottom (Carver CT-7 preamp and TFM-22 amp) with 2ch analog. The 2 doodads on the bottom are sub amps for the AV.

Secondary system including TT:
system%202%20TT.jpg


This is what I use for vinyl (obviously) and for testing out speakers. Right now the Indignias and the other as yet unnamed speakers are running off this system. The heart is an NAD 7155 receiver. The interconnect ends sticking out are for connection to the laptop for transferring LP and cassette to digital.

Probably should have dusted the stuff off. Usually I have the doors closed. :D The fingerprints on the TV are in case my children are ever abducted.

Notes: the cable running across the floor is power to the electronic drum set which is just to the right. The towel in the lower right is covering Specialidiot's Yamaha CR-1020 which is on loan and not connected to anything right now.


Ray
 
Last edited:
Good to see some new pics in this thread. I can't go more than a few days without ogling everyone's killer gear!
 
Back
Top Bottom