• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

I can't remember the last time I posted a pic of my listening space but I was using a different receiver then, I had the SX-980, now I have my SX-1980 back in and then it was the CT-F750 and since then I added a CT-F950. Now it's out of the wall unit and set up on it's own rack. I just took a few photos so I'll get them downloaded and see about adding them. Wish I could go from the camera to AK. Well I guess it worked. That's my listening space. It's just our living room. With a nice fire going in the fireplace when it's cold makes it kind of cozy and the stereo cranking anytime puts a smile on my face. The room itself is 20'X14'. I don't have no special man cave or anything. I want my gear right out in the open and right next to my recliner. Those picks are in the AK forum somewhere. Anyway here it is, nothing fancy. Oh and I built this room myself, along with a master bedroom and master bathroom. Not bad for a former dirtbag welder that never did any sheetrock work in his life. Just don't ask me how many buckets of mud it took me to finish my bedroom??
 

Attachments

  • 100_0064.jpg
    100_0064.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_0066.jpg
    100_0066.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
P4080008.jpg


Please excuse the large rat that has taken up residence on my couch...

Nice, your equipment, not the rodent!! Just kidding, about the rodent, not the gear. No I mean .. oh ****, you know what I mean. I'm a Pioneer freak anyway. Especially the silver stuff. Well only the silver stuff and prior.

We have 2 dogs. The wife draws the line with them on the furniture. She didn't mind but when we got new furniture she put a stop to it. Hard to break them of it though.
 
neal - good to see you pulled those RSII's out from the corners. Did you experience much improvement?

Great room BTW.
 
my dogs are always on the furniture and that won't change. They make great pillows.
Very nice setup Neal
 
Last edited:
There is something just majestic looking about that era of Pioneer equipment. It holds a certain functional beauty that is lost in many of todays designs.
 
Here's where I do most my earschplitinloudenboomer! Simple Pioneer TX-950 tuner to a SA-9900 toned up with a SG-9800 EQ. For tape playback is the Kenwood KX-1030. Then it all pipes over to the Spec system from the SG-9800 EQ. I don't have my speakers connected to the Spec system yet, as I even need to do that at this point. The Spec half is a Spec 1 preamp and the Spec 2 power amp. I have four kabuki speakers connected to the SA-990. One set of Kenwood KL-888X and one set of KL-888D. I run the 9800 EQ through the power amp section of the 9900.
 

Attachments

  • SoundSpace01.jpg
    SoundSpace01.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 459
Oh dang, I forgot to include the fact that my computer of course is piped into the aux input. Where would I be without MP3 playback and Netflix Instant Movie playing?
 
An updated shot showing my friend enjoying a smoke and the projector. (the image on the screen was 'shopped in for a uni project)

evans_shoot.jpg
 
Your audio furniture looks like Ergo in Demand http://www.ergoindemand.com/audio-cabinets-audio-furniture.htm#price_table. I'm interested in their furniture so I'm curious as to where you bought it? I'm not fond of mail order furniture.
Thanks,
I looked at your link, and yup, that looks like mine with different knobs. Your going to hate this, but mine was made by bush, and I got it on clearance for 150.00 when circuit city was going under. Even list price there was only about 300.00 Check under the bush name, might get a better deal.
 
neal - good to see you pulled those RSII's out from the corners. Did you experience much improvement?

Great room BTW.
Thanks, And yes,
it did help a lot, not so much in the sound, but a lot in the "soundstage" if you know what I mean. made everything sound more "in front of you". I just installed speaker spikes this evening... to be honest, I can't tell any difference, but the sure make them look better!
 
Back
Top Bottom