• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear Moved? What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait are we talking about cats here? Cause I have 13 cats, actually maybe more I haven't been home in three weeks. I buy 50lb bags of cat feed and use trash cans to keep it in. They get one scoop a day but it's a big metal scoop most often used with ice machines. You want to know what I don't have, snakes. Cats love mice and frogs and toads, so do snakes. If you live in an area with a lot of bad snakes get a lot of cats. Well you actually don't have to GET cats there just around. I've never understood people who would buy a cat. Fun fact, you know who keeps the cat population in check? Coyotes and Doberman Pincers but not Golden Retrievers, this is all based solely on experience.

Not an effective tool for cat population control.
image.jpeg
 
Good point, but the newer folks presumably have never seen the thread, and given its current location, most probably never will. The subtitle of the General Audio Discussion sub-forum is "Anything audio is fair game." There is a definite audio connection to pictures of cats on audio gear, no?

I, for one, would like to see the thread moved back to General Audio. And if you want to post pictures of dogs -- or hamsters, etc. -- on audio gear, all the better!


Great video!!

Great point! New users will not get to see some of the massive threads that have been going on for years. Its a fun thread!
 
Wait are we talking about cats here? Cause I have 13 cats, actually maybe more I haven't been home in three weeks. I buy 50lb bags of cat feed and use trash cans to keep it in. They get one scoop a day but it's a big metal scoop most often used with ice machines. You want to know what I don't have, snakes. Cats love mice and frogs and toads, so do snakes. If you live in an area with a lot of bad snakes get a lot of cats. Well you actually don't have to GET cats there just around. I've never understood people who would buy a cat. Fun fact, you know who keeps the cat population in check? Coyotes and Doberman Pincers but not Golden Retrievers, this is all based solely on experience.

Not an effective tool for cat population control.
View attachment 949565

Hi Justgotohm,

The issue is not regarding cats, it's regarding the relocation of information on the site to quite it.

Thank you for the post, and great looking golden! 13 cats huh? We have 3, that we rescued. Love them to no end, could not imagine having 13. :)

Hopefully they are all well cared for, and get to catch snakes/frogs rats ect as much as they can!

Kind Regards,
John
 
Hilarious... I want to see pictures of quality audio gear anywhere I can find it. If I want to see pictures of cats I'm sure there are forums for it. Why is anyone ruffled about the thread being moved? We have a possessed dish rag that my wife swears is a dog under all that white rag fluff. He's been spotted here and there in pictures of audio gear, but He's not really into selfies or trying to be a global center of attention. He's very happy to to go out in the yard and make lawn fudge or chase lizzards, he could care less about my Turntable.
 
Not sure if I am in the minority or not but I almost exclusively use the "New Posts" link for general browsing. If not that it is usually to find something specific in which case I will do a search. About the only time I deliberately go to a particular forum is to start a new thread myself.

So in other words, I rarely even pay attention to which forum I am in. I have seen the cats on speakers thread many times, but have not posted on it.. Now dogs in front of speakers I might just have something to contribute!
Yes! That is EXACTLY how I use the board, otherwise I feel I may miss something only looking in particular subsections.
 
The thread needs to come back to General. Hidden down in Cameras and Photography for a thread that has 560,000 views doesn't make sense. It was a favorite thread of a significant number of people and had audio gear and cats. It's not just pictures of cats. General is where it belongs.
 
Hilarious... I want to see pictures of quality audio gear anywhere I can find it. If I want to see pictures of cats I'm sure there are forums for it. Why is anyone ruffled about the thread being moved? We have a possessed dish rag that my wife swears is a dog under all that white rag fluff. He's been spotted here and there in pictures of audio gear, but He's not really into selfies or trying to be a global center of attention. He's very happy to to go out in the yard and make lawn fudge or chase lizzards, he could care less about my Turntable.


Hi Funky54,

To each their own.

Not sure people are ruffled, but you clearly dont understand the fact that information is being moved.

you mentioned there are threads for pictures of cats... Granted, but why go looking for them if we already have an ongoing thread with thousands of posts on the subject.

Maybe if you took the time to read up on the subject you would be more educated on the matter. Lets be clear, the issue is not regarding the pictures, its the content of conversations in a thread.

Not sure why folks are not following, its pretty clear cut... yet we get folks on the site who seem to think its about the actual pictures of cats... Really?

Nonetheless, thanks for the post. The subject clearly had you take time out of your day to comment. This proves the fact that even though you may not be interested in the subject you have input to add... now take that into consideration when we have a thread that has thousands of posts... clearly over the past X amount of years its remained active for one reason or another... (The content is great).

Take some time, read up on the subject at hand, and post something that is actually constructive.

We all know we can look up pictures of cats, we want our conversation placed back where it belongs, and where others can stumble upon it and if so choose can get involved in the conversation.

Kind Regards,
John
 
The thread needs to come back to General. Hidden down in Cameras and Photography for a thread that has 560,000 views doesn't make sense. It was a favorite thread of a significant number of people and had audio gear and cats. It's not just pictures of cats. General is where it belongs.

Thank you bhunter,

Maybe I should start posting pictures of my SS gear in the tube threads... that should get my point across...

Or hell, maybe ill just sit around all day and google some pictures of cats...

Glad to see some folks understand my point.

Kind Regards,
John
 
As I posted on the thread in question, finding Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear here on General Audio Discussion was what attracted me to this forum five years ago, because it made the place seem more interesting and less serious, self-important, and on-topic-obsessed than many other audio and hobby forums.

Burying it in a forgotten off-topic photography backwater makes the place seem just a teeny bit less whimsical and less fun than it was before.
 
As I posted on the thread in question, finding Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear here on General Audio Discussion was what attracted me to this forum five years ago, because it made the place seem more interesting and less serious, self-important, and on-topic-obsessed than many other audio and hobby forums.

Burying it in a forgotten off-topic photography backwater makes the place seem just a teeny bit less whimsical and less fun than it was before.

I sent AK a formal request to have it moved back.

Hopefully others will make the same request. :)
 
If more people ventured to other subforums, it wouldn't be a problem.

I have no idea why it was moved but I think we're all going to make it through this.

:D
 
I guess the original thread should have been "Audio Gear on Cats", and it wouldn't have ever been moved?

funny-pictures-cat-is-squished.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom