• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer announces it's leaving the stereo audio business.

John VF has a rarified taste in gear and no fear of spending money to satisfy it. He uses a recent Pioneer HT receiver in his bedroom system and thinks it sounds pretty good.
 
Anyone who says Pioneer has been making **** for 25 years hasn't been listening to Pioneer in 25 years. In 1995 -2000 Pioneer was at the forefront of A/V receivers and offered the best value.

I spent hours listening to almost every "top of the middle" models from most of the popular manufacturers and Pioneer came out on top in both technology and performance. I can't speak to the two channel equipment because I was all about the HT.

I should repeat that it wasn't until I plunked down $2800 bucks for an A/V preamp PLUS another $1000+ for a decent amp that the mid-fi VSX-906D was clearly beat. The 906 cost less than a grand back then. So it took over 4 times the cost of the 906 to beat it.

That isn't ****. That's AWESOME.
 
I am 99% sure the Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers are only available in North America.

Still, I was merely stating a fact.

Not arguing the fact... just that it doesn't make up for not getting the good stuff.

Pioneer said..."Hey guys...here are these awesome speakers! Enjoy. Just not with our stuff. OK here's a little tease of stuff, but not ALL the stuff...that's for the more sophisticated Europeans."

Not fair....we're sophisticated... hee hee he said You're peein'.

All joking aside, They probably don't distribute that stuff here because only three guys in Los Angeles would buy it.

Oh and... http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/99/161/S-CN301-LR/page.html They do seem to be getting Andrew Jones speakers. This is from the Pioneer UK site. Don't know if they are the same as here. They remind me a little about the B&W bookshelves from the mid-90s
 
Last edited:
Kinda funny how a group of guys who won't buy a companies product are here lamenting that said company won't be making it any more.
 
They have been making garbage for at least 25 years...
While I absolutely agree, the question is whether they've also made non-garbage in that time.

Sony, Panasonic, etc. have also made garbage for 25 years, but a person could argue that they haven't made ONLY garbage. Thiswill somewhat depend on the definition of "garbage" and all that entails.

Having said that, I direct your attention back to post #24. Their exit is overdue.
 
Last edited:
They have been making garbage for at least 25 years...

That could be said about the vast majority of manufacturers on this planet, audio or otherwise. Consumers want cheap stuff and manufacturers/retailers will oblige.

I'm not going to list the non-garbage Pioneer has made in the last 25 years but there's been a lot that is far from garbage. You apparently haven't seen any of it.
 
Back
Top Bottom