• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-F750 possible belt issue

LoStrings

Active Member
I just received a Pioneer CT-F750 cassette deck with new belts installed ( don't know who made the belts), everything works as it should, but it has a issue with slow speed. It seems ok with wow and flutter, but it runs slow, and I am wondering if the capstan belt could be the cause? Can anyone here help or have an idea what might cause this?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's possible that the new belt may be too tight which places an additional load on the capstan motor. The service manual describes the procedure for adjusting the tape speed in Section 8.1 on page 27 of the service manual which is available for free download here after you register which is also free:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/ct-f750.shtml

I believe there is a typographical error in Step 3 of this procedure. Since the test tape frequency is 3 KHz, the measured output frequency should be between 2.995 and 3.010 KHz rather than Hz.

If you need them, Marrs Communications sells excellent belts with a 10 year guarantee that are available here:

http://marrscommunications.com/pioneer-supreme-cassette-belts-10-year-guarantee
 
Last edited:
It's possible that the new belt may be too tight which places an additional load on the capstan motor. The service manual describes the procedure for adjusting the tape speed in Section 8.1 on page 27 of the service manual which is available for free download here after you register which is also free:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/ct-f750.shtml

I believe there is a typographical error in Step 3 of this procedure. Since the test tape frequency is 3 KHz, the measured output frequency should be between 2.995 and 3.010 KHz rather than Hz.

If you need them, Marrs Communications sells excellent belts with a 10 year guarantee that are available here:

http://marrscommunications.com/pioneer-supreme-cassette-belts-10-year-guarantee[/QU

Thanks for the reply...I did the speed adjustment, and it did very little, but I think I have a capstan belt that is not correct. I ended up ordering a set of belts from WJOE.com. I have read good things about their belts and their instructions that come with the belts.
 
Back
Top Bottom