• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-F8282 Rewind Force Issue

JCHaywire

Member
I've replaced the brass and rubber wheel that turns the FF Idler. Reassembled the FF Idler with a new e-clip on the end of the shaft (not easy!). I have checked for undue friction between the takeup and supply reel assemblies and the chassis or other parts they come into contact with. The spring tension on the FF Reverse Spring has been increased by adding a second spring beside the original--about doubling the downward force. Enough to keep it moving, any more has a negative effect. I just don't know where to look anymore. The FFWD is so strong, I know there must be something I could do.
What do more experienced repairpersons know about this deck's transport that I don't? Many thanks for your helpful responses in advance.
Oh, here's the video of what I mean
 
Register to hide this ad
The last one I did had some issues because the assembly was not installed and aligned correctly. Specifically the V top portion of the pictured part. Maybe play with that to ensure it's put back together correctly? I believe it pivots to enable FF and RW

Untitled.jpg
 
Just thinking out loud here... When you fast forward, is the tape being packed loosely / normally. Then while rewinding, the tape is wound tight causing it to stop? What happens if you turn the tape over after it stops and rewind it from the other side?
 
Back
Top Bottom