• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-F950 vs Nakamichi ZX-7

vidguy

Active Member
I've got a CT-F950 and just picked up a Nakamichi ZX-7

Which one would make the better record deck?
Record on the PIO and play back on the NAK, or vice-versa?

If I had the chance to trade the Nakamichi for a CT-F1250, would I be moving up?
 
Register to hide this ad
If your question is related to dubbing cassettes from one deck to the other, I'd try it both ways and see which sounds better to you.

I'm not familiar with the Pioneers you mention, but I have a Nak ZX-7 and like it quite a bit. This was their top of the line when it came out. Assuming the Nak is in good shape, I'm not sure anything else would be "moving up", except maybe a ZX-9, which was basically a hot rodded ZX-7.
 
HI,
I think it is a no contest in favor of Nak. I've never used a ZX-7 but I have owned five 3 head Nakamichi's and worked on hundreds. Pioneer never built a cassette deck close to the Nak three headers. The Pioneer's do look nice though. Don't let the looks fool you. They are nothing better than average.

Sparky
 
The ZX-7 wins both ways and I agree that Pioneer never made a deck that came close to the better Nakamichi 3 head units such as the CR-7A/E, Dragon, ZX-9, ZX-7, etc...

I've got a CT-F950 and just picked up a Nakamichi ZX-7

Which one would make the better record deck?
Record on the PIO and play back on the NAK, or vice-versa?

If I had the chance to trade the Nakamichi for a CT-F1250, would I be moving up?
 
The Pioneers are very pretty. But that's about where the contest ends IMO. In virtually all other regards the ZX-7 is superior.
 
Back
Top Bottom