• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer HPM 100

crhblack

Active Member
Hello,

I'm going to look at some Pioneer HPM 100 speakers tomorrow or Friday. If they are in good condition is $50.00 a good price point?

Thanks
CH
 
Register to hide this ad
Hell yes that's a good price if they are in working order! If none of the center caps are pushed in then it's all the merrier! Have you seen any pictures of them? For that price, they are worth trying out to see if YOUR ears like them and, if not, you will easily be able to sell them off and move to something else. Go get 'em!
 
I just confirmed with the owner. $50.00 is the price. I will go to see them on Friday. Hopefully, they are in good condition. And as a side note, I might also have a shot at some Mach II units for the same price. Since this is my Christmas present, which of the two is a better value presuming both are in good working order?
 
Last edited:
the hpm's would be better value, but i'd bring enough to give the mach II's a look at that price, maybe grab them both.
 
I picked up the HPM 100s today. $50!! These things just rock!! :banana: :D I'll check the auction site to see what they are going for. I'll post pics and other impressions in the speaker forum. Did I do well?
 
Those are well regarded by many AKers. You will hear opinions, both pro and con, about them. Having never heard a pair myself, I am curious to someday hear what the controversy is about. While they may not be my cup of tea (don't know yet), they have to have something going for them to have such a devout following - HPM100 lovers can't all be deaf! Use the search function and start reading. In the 2 years I have been reading on AK, threads regarding these Pioneers come up monthly.

Oh, and as far as value goes, you basically stole them. Looking forward to pictures and impressions.
 
Congrats!! I picked up a pair about 4 months ago. I haven't had them set up lately but I'm planning on setting them up tomorrow. They do rock music quite well. :thmbsp:
 
Congrats!! I picked up a pair about 4 months ago. I haven't had them set up lately but I'm planning on setting them up tomorrow. They do rock music quite well. :thmbsp:

Like I said before we seem to have a lot of gear in common.I picked up a pair at the thrift for $30 in pretty good shape.While good sounding I thought my L100s were a better sounding speaker.Gave them to my bro who loves them.To OP $50 was a very good price for these speakers.
 
I happily payed $90 for a pair of near mint HPM-60's and love them. I can only imagine the HPM-100's and for $50!
 
Back
Top Bottom