• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-10 Turntable. What's a fair price?

I paid $95 for mine at Tech HiFi. Still have it, never use it, but seeing those pictures makes me think about it again. I haven't been able to sell it or give it away.

Well, let me know if you ever do decide to let it go. :thmbsp:

Either way, the PL-10 that my buddy has seems to be a wonderful TT, especially since all it does is play the records. I really like the fact that it's simple though, simplicity is always awesome.
 
I picked one up in about that same condition last year with a 91eD for $150. Been happy with it. It was a repurchase as it was my turntable as a kid.
 
Funny thread. Starts in 2012 and the Pioneer PL-10 can be had for $12 and $50 etc. One person could not even give it away.

Today on Ebay they are going for $150 plus. Funny how a few years changes things lol. Same thing happened to records a few years ago you could not give them away or sell them for $10 and now you have to pay through the nose.
 
Funny thread. Starts in 2012 and the Pioneer PL-10 can be had for $12 and $50 etc. One person could not even give it away.

Today on Ebay they are going for $150 plus. Funny how a few years changes things lol. Same thing happened to records a few years ago you could not give them away or sell them for $10 and now you have to pay through the nose.

Wait till you see the price of replacement stylus.

JICO SAS stylus for $89.00 then - almost $200.00 now ! :music:
 
I had one I bought for $50 about 10 years ago and then sold it for $50 2 years later, it's the only piece of gear I ever sold that I wish I wouldn't have :(
 
I picked up my PL-10 recently for $73 with an Excel ES70EX cartridge and stylus. It works amazingly well and sounds good. I will be honest I don't know the difference in quality from one stylus to another all I know is this TT sounds good to me.
 
Anyone have an opinion on an upgrade from the Excel ES70EX at a reasonable price? I suspect the reasonable price part may be humorous.
 
Excel aren't that common, so it may be that your question has baffled the AKers who have seen the thread. Have you looked for replacement styli - if you like the sound, maybe you shouldn't change cartridges.
 
Thanks for the reply Nat. Someday it will need to be replaced so it may be a good idea to have one on hand.

Didn't many of the PL-10 and PL-12 come with Excel ES70 cartridges?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom