• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-600 black

Drummerboy75

Active Member
I'm looking at trade a Garrard DD132 and a Garrard Zero 100c, thats a parts TT, for this Pioneer PL-600. Should I go for it or hold out? I've been researching both units, but haven't found a lot a good reviews in either.





20150115_212639.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm looking at trade a Garrard DD132 and a Garrard Zero 100c, thats a parts TT, for this Pioneer PL-600. Should I go for it or hold out? I've been researching both units, but haven't found a lot a good reviews in either.

I'd hold out for a better table. Give it time something better will come along.
 
Good points
• Nice tonearm
• Relatively simple belt drive

Bad points
• Exceptionally light (2.8kg)

Although it has quite good specs, the lightness is a major turn-off. However, if you have a buyer for your Garrards, then you may want to go for it – you can always sell it when you find a better one at the right price.
 
I passed on one a couple weekends ago because of the lightness factor.

Later , I was thinking it would look kinda cool mounted in the bar fridge,so when friends came over with cold beer, I could say, "just take the record player out of the fridge and slip them in there if ya like".

Seriously though, it probably would be an ok unit as a starter deck for a teen.

One could always pack it with a pound or two of silly putty or something.
 
You need to find a real PL-600 Direct Drive not the later cheap plastic version.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Photo Dec 04, 11 05 34 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 04, 11 05 34 PM.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 69
As already stated, wait for a better table.

FWIW, when I was considering getting back into vinyl about 6 years ago, I wanted to test the waters cheaply. I picked up this model of PL-600 for $20 with a good stylus. It was worth it at that price. Sounded decent at the time and, with a P-mount cartridge, was hassle free. I never regretted starting there but it's time has passed and I have moved on to better things.

It's value is as an inexpensive first step
 
Back
Top Bottom