• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

pioneer PL-71 cartridge setup q

PB451

New Member
I have a pioneer pl-71 and need to set up a new cartridge (vm95c). When using the 45 adapter to set it up at 14.5, do I use the front of the cartridge bare or the stylus tip for alignment?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a pioneer pl-71 and need to set up a new cartridge (vm95c). When using the 45 adapter to set it up at 14.5, do I use the front of the cartridge bare or the stylus tip for alignment?

Stylus tip.

You can find the user manual at vinylengine.com.
 
Pioneer classic turntables align to 49 mm overhang, which gets you Stevenson geometry.

Well, not really a 49mm overhang.

Rather, 49mm is the distance from headshell gasket to stylus tip. In turn, this results in the Pioneer-recommended alignment...and in the case of the PL71, a 14.5mm overhang. The resulting null points are close to Stevenson.
 

Attachments

  • PioneerOverhangcolor.jpg
    PioneerOverhangcolor.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom