• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-737 and some speakers help.

Some generalizations here so it will not apply to everything but might be a good guideline.

Many of these speakers have woofers and tweeters that seem to be made of the same material, paper. For the better speakers, paper cones is not really the best for tweeters. So the HD-60 with their tweeter and the wharfedale with the dome tweeter might be the ones I would find out more about.

The small speakers will not have good bass response. Can't generally get it out of a small cabinet. Many times a small speaker will have an exaggerated response just before it stops producing low frequencies around 45-70Hz.

I would expect the newer small boxes to sound better than the older small boxes. The Wharfedales to sound pretty nice but you will want for some bass response. Maybe add a subwoofer in the future if you go with small speakers.
 
Home Theater Reciever, Yamaha

Hey guys.

I've got another question, but don't want to open separate thread about it.
I'm looking for a home theater receiver for my TV and I can't decide between these:

-Yamaha RX-V440 (2003, 250€)
-Yamaha RX-V640 (2003, 250€)
-Yamaha RX-V650 (2003, 200€)
-Yamaha RX-V659 (2006, 220€)
-Yamaha RX-V661 (2007, 280€)

All used, wondering what one is best buy.
Thanks in advance

edit:
There is a bunch more, but idk about this stuff :D
http://www.bolha.com/avdio-in-video/avdio/hi-fi-komponente/
You can check out here if you have some time and want to help me out, please.

p.s.
I still haven't bought the SX-737, the seller keeps waiting and changing his mind, lucky I have time. Haven't found speakers for it anyways.
 
Last edited:
Bump.

Prices changed a bit.
-Yamaha RX-V640 (2003, 150€) maybe even 100€, waiting for his answer
-Yamaha RX-V650 (2003, 150€)
-Yamaha RX-V659 (2006, 220€)
-Yamaha RX-V661 (2007, 280€) has HDMI in/out - this one is imho best if I get it for less than 200.

Could really use some opinions, since I got offers waiting and can't decide.

Or this:
http://www.bolha.com/avdio-in-video...ity-beta-5-1-1280880230.html?aclct=1377713589
Yamaha RX-V661
Yamaha DVD-S661
Infinity Beta HCS
for 430€

http://www.bolha.com/avdio-in-video...telitov-jamo-1277236169.html?aclct=1377642753
Yamaha RX-V661
Jamo A330
450€
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom