• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-828 Yard Sale Find

Starrider1

Active Member
I picked up this pioneer sx-828 today for 25.00, it is missing the balance and mode knobs, but everything works and the cabinet is clean. Anyone have any Pioneer knobs they want to sell?
 

Attachments

  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
The 828 is a gem. Nice find.
The x2x knobs are the same, I think . So if you run across a old 626, 727 receiver, you can pull the two knobs off of it and use it on your 828.
Really should not be too hard to find a 'junk' Pioneer x2x receiver to make the 828 in top looking order.



MattFLA
 
If you haven't found any replacement knobs yet, send me a PM. I have two 7XX series receivers which are cashed but the knobs and faces are good!
 
Got knobs...

They are not for a 828 but they are off a QX 8000. Free and they will work until you find the exact knob. PM me if you want 'em. They will blend in. Nice find. Got some fuse style lamps if you need them:thmbsp:

Eric :music:

PS--Got some speaker plugs for a 828 too--ET Free!
 
Treat switches & controls with Caig DeoxIT D5.

Replace Sanyo caps on preamp card(s).

Use ESR tester to check caps on power supply pc board, and replace any weak ones. These will usually be next to transistors or resistors that get hot. Resolder many connections on power supply pc board.

Do setup adjustments on power amps.

Replace lamps as necessary. Don't use lamps with higher current.

Enjoy.

Fred
 
I recently restored an SX 828 in fine shape, one of the best looking and nicely built receiver I've ever had and they sound very nice. The engraved face plate, blue dial and wood case really makes the looks of these receivers. great tuner section too.
 
I picked up this pioneer sx-828 today for 25.00, it is missing the balance and mode knobs, but everything works and the cabinet is clean. Anyone have any Pioneer knobs they want to sell?

The parts donors are: (the knob's part number is aab-007)
sx-424 (speaker, bass, treb, funct) not: (volume is a dual knob (l/r), so NO bal)
sx-525 (speaker, bass, treb, vol, bal, funct)
sx-626 (speaker, bass, treb, vol, bal, funct)
NOT sx-727 :tears:
sx-828 (speaker, bal, vol, mode, function) not: (bass, treb are dual (l/r))

I compiled this info a while back as I too seek an aab-007 knob.
 
That's good info! I found that the junkers I have are 600 and not 700 series, so with this info they should work for Starrider.
 
Back
Top Bottom