• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer Timers

I have a DT 510, but the display is very bright and we have to cover it at night because it keeps us up. Is there a way to dim it, or barring that, where can I get some of that clingly plasric stuff they put on cellphone screens in a dark blue?:
 
I've just started using a DT 540. I've had it for a while under the bed and only bought it because it was thrown in with a turntable i bought at a garage sale. Woken to the radio 2 mornings running now, I like it. Feels good quality too.
 
Bogframe said:
I have a DT 510, but the display is very bright and we have to cover it at night because it keeps us up. Is there a way to dim it, or barring that, where can I get some of that clingly plasric stuff they put on cellphone screens in a dark blue?:
There should be a electric soloution, but I had the same problem with my DT-550 in the bed room. I used some blue 4mm acrylic which fits behind the original glass and dimms pretty good. But it seems to be, that red LED displays are better for the bedroom.:drool:
 
I posted a thread a while back but never heard from anyone, but I sure would like a copy of the owners manual for the DT-400!

Anyone?
 
I have a DT-500, and the blue is a good match for the other flourescan stuff.
They DT-5 is it's green cousin, to match the SG-9/SR-9 SG-something EQ's that had green LED's. I also have a Sansui that is kind of a bright blue. The most subdued display I have is in an old National (Panasonic/Technics) that has very thin 7 segment LED's with 4 different program on/off program cycles.
Model # is TE-95, and needs an adaptor for our 2 blade plugs. I got it in Germany in 1979.
 
OldSkool said:
I posted a thread a while back but never heard from anyone, but I sure would like a copy of the owners manual for the DT-400!

Anyone?

Hey OldSkool,
I have the owner's manual, but I don't have the ability to scan it. However, I could copy it I think on a regular copier, and mail you that copy. Send me a PM and let me know.

Cheers.

Fernzee
 
herbman1975 said:
The DT-510 has beveled plasic around the edges of the display, whereas the DT-500 has a metal "frame". Also different knobs, nothing else as far as I can tell. :smoke:

Wider frequency response and lower THD too... ;)
 
Carve it said:
The Dt-510 also has a switch on the underside for 50/60 hz.

Bingo! I think I discovered why my DT-540 stopped working. I must have bumped that 50/60 switch when I was moving the timer. I didn't even realize it was there until you mentioned it. I took the cover off, and gave the buttons and control knob a shot of De-Oxit, and discovered that switch on the bottom. I think it wasn't fully over on the 60 side. The timer is back to keeping perfect time again.:thmbsp: One thing I did notice when I had it opened up, was that it looks like it has a spot for a 2.5 amp 250 volt fuse on the board that the power cord attaches to. There wasn't a fuse in it, and when I dug one out to put there, discovered it is a shorter size than the fuses I had on hand. The timer seems fully functional without the fuse, so I guess I'm confused.:dunno:
 
i have the 510.i use it almost every night to shut off my pioneer sa5200 in my bedroom.which by the way is a very sweet sounding 10wpc amp
 
Holy cow I didn't know about the frequency switch either. I had mine set to 120 volts but it always ran fast, well I just checked and the hertz was at 50 !!. well now it keeps perfect time. go fiqure.
 
I have a DT-500 mounted under a cupboard in the kitchen, Im using it as the one and only clock in my kitchen.
 
I wonder what the life expectancy is of the LEDs that are in the DT-400?

Do they last forever, or have a finite lifespan like a lightbulb?
 
Actually, I don't think Fluoroscan is produced with LEDs. The DT-510 seems to use blue LEDs instead of Fluoroscan. As for the degradation of LEDs it varies quite a bit, though I guess they're long lived. Wikipedia says:
The most common way for LEDs (and diode lasers) to fail is the gradual lowering of light output and loss of efficiency. However, sudden failures can occur as well.
White LEDs often use one or more phosphors. The phosphors tend to degrade with heat and age, losing efficiency and causing changes in the produced light color.


What, then, is Fluoroscan? :scratch2:
 
:thmbsp: I so love this place. :thmbsp:
I have a Technics SH 4020 timer that was packed away. I have been rummaging thru closets, cabinets, etc.. trying to get a concise inventory and decided to pull it out of mothballs and put it to work. I put it on the shelf, plugged it in and thought nothing more of it. There is a little am/fm clock radio sitting on the next shelf over and I had set the timer to that to check the little clock.(.25 at a yard sale and wife couldn't resist). 2 or 3 days later, I notice the timer says 1930 and it was about 1100. I unplugged it looked at the back and the switch looked fine. I shelved it and made a note to look for a service manual or at least a schematic for it.:boring:
Reading this post caused me to pull it down from the shelf and check the switch again. :scratch2: It looked fine but when I went to flip it from 60hz to 50hz and back it felt really loose. :no: Switch is broken and am in the process of opening the unit up to pull it out for replacement or even bypass for now. I am certain that was the problem.:thmbsp:
Thanks guys, once again AK wins.:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
 
:thmbsp: I so love this place. :thmbsp:
I have a Technics SH 4020 timer that was packed away. I have been rummaging thru closets, cabinets, etc.. trying to get a concise inventory and decided to pull it out of mothballs and put it to work. I put it on the shelf, plugged it in and thought nothing more of it. There is a little am/fm clock radio sitting on the next shelf over and I had set the timer to that to check the little clock.(.25 at a yard sale and wife couldn't resist). 2 or 3 days later, I notice the timer says 1930 and it was about 1100. I unplugged it looked at the back and the switch looked fine. I shelved it and made a note to look for a service manual or at least a schematic for it.:boring:
Reading this post caused me to pull it down from the shelf and check the switch again. :scratch2: It looked fine but when I went to flip it from 60hz to 50hz and back it felt really loose. :no: Switch is broken and am in the process of opening the unit up to pull it out for replacement or even bypass for now. I am certain that was the problem.:thmbsp:
Thanks guys, once again AK wins.:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
 
Lets revive this thread...

I had a DT-530 which after a week of keeping time it would go literally BANANAS, I scrapped her to buy a DT-555 and let me tell you it works like a champ.

I would live to have an AKAI Timer someday but for now its Pioneer
 
I got a DT-500 that keeps time too fast.
Any Techs have any ideas on how to fix it? I sure woiuld like to have it running properly.
 
Noodle have you checked the voltage and Hz switches on the back?

I have a DT-500 that went wacky so I turned it to time set and it runs fine. Won't work for **** as a timer that way.
 
Back
Top Bottom