• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Polk RTA 11t - worth upgrading tweeters to RD0194-1?

I had bone stock '87 SDA 2Bs. They came w/ the SL2000 which were dry scratchy and annoying... I got the RDO-194s and never looked back or sounded better...

Have same; did they change the midrange at all?
How about extending the high frequencies?

I’d try ‘em if they did. Awesome speakers, but a bit much in a handful of upper frequencies.
 
Emitter, It's hard to say if the mid range changed because of the better RDO-194s.The highs benefited greatly and was quite noticeable and a pleasure to listen to. It also sounds incredibly better because I went w/ the Neutrik-Speakon connector locking system and a better i/c cable. This and all the mods I did made the entire package sound way way better than just stock and the full SDA deal is in in play. Some call it an effect but the better term that fits for me is a holographic effect and is the fore runner to surround w/ more clarity and power. The dimensional drivers on the outside position makes the sound stage so wide it sounds like the music is coming from outside the speaker cabinet area......Lew
 
The replacements, RDO194-1 are flatter for sure and after comparing them to known good SL2000's think they are a winner for sure.
Only issue, for 50 bucks each, they are into the territory of even better tweeters.

I know it is an easy drop in that most anyone can do, but have on hand DIY tweeters that cost far less and also sound just as good.
 
Back
Top Bottom