• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Poll: Your favourite brands of vintage amplifiers

Which are you favourite brands of vintage amplifiers?

  • Fisher

    Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Sansui

    Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Kenwood

    Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Technics

    Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Pioneer

    Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Sony

    Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Akai

    Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Denon

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Luxman

    Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Marantz

    Votes: 29 27.9%

  • Total voters
    104
  • Poll closed .
Maybe we need a dozen of these polls with the ability to pick three then a second set of polls with the ability to pick three until we have a final poll of the ten most popular brand. The regulars are out to a good lead already. Those that caused the stereo store lust, looking at walls of silver and blue lights are what folks that bought one little unit and have come back to the hobby now that they have time and remember fondly those brands. Those that have been in the hobby the whole time possibly upgrading along the way, have mentioned a number of worthy brands that are not going to get many votes. Oh well, guess they just need to sit back and enjoy their tunes and check back later to see if Kenwood can break the Pio/Mar/Sui stronghold.
 
Some of these cos went out of biz for good reasons. How did Yamaha turn into a write in choice?
Limit of choices is 10.
Yamaha is really late in the alphabet, not that the list is alphabetic but if the OP was thinking of names, I can see how Yamaha might come up after 10 have been named in this popularity contest.
 
I think it's funny or maybe not so funny that when many people think of stereo equipment they automatically think "Japanese" when there are many more American and European manufacturers. The fact they are not in the discount/big box stores may be the reason. Let us hope people don't start thinking "Chinese" first. I'm tired of working on the "Chinese" stuff, it's just not worth it.

Craig
 
I think it's funny or maybe not so funny that when many people think of stereo equipment they automatically think "Japanese" when there are many more American and European manufacturers. The fact they are not in the discount/big box stores may be the reason. Let us hope people don't start thinking "Chinese" first. I'm tired of working on the "Chinese" stuff, it's just not worth it.

Craig
They always were discount products.
 
Limit of choices is 10.
Yamaha is really late in the alphabet, not that the list is alphabetic but if the OP was thinking of names, I can see how Yamaha might come up after 10 have been named in this popularity contest.

Well, exactly, choices are limited to ten.. I had at least 30 brands to put in, unfortunately I ran this first on a facebook group where you can add more and more items and I just kept the ones I started entering. In fact Yamaha is one of my favourite brands and I couldn't fit it in. I used the results of the other poll to enter brands, and I sort of shuffled them, that's how Fisher (a great brand itself but with less votes on that group) is on top. I expected to be able to edit the poll here but I couldn't either.. So, limit of the platform :) Sorry! Name your brands in your comments as you wish, it's interesting to me. Thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom