• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Poll: Your favourite brands of vintage amplifiers

Which are you favourite brands of vintage amplifiers?

  • Fisher

    Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Sansui

    Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Kenwood

    Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Technics

    Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Pioneer

    Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Sony

    Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Akai

    Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Denon

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Luxman

    Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Marantz

    Votes: 29 27.9%

  • Total voters
    104
  • Poll closed .
Let's face it, you can't name every brand under the sun, after all this is just for fun anyways . . .

with that said of the brands listed I'd have to go with Yamaha. :bigok:
 
Yamaha,Parasound,Carver,Soundcraftsmen,SAE,................... Did I mention yamaha ?:biggrin:
 
Amazing how many folks are crying that their brand is not on this extremely truncated list.
 
What, no Soundesign or Yorx?!?!

I've been a Pioneer man since I was old enough to put my own records on the spinner device thingy, my older brother had Pioneer, all his friends had Pioneer, everything in my area was Pioneer. I have NUMEROUS Pioneer SX receivers, I love them all, but...
My wife picked me up a Sansui 8080DB at a yard sale for four bucks a couple of summers ago. It needed a little work, but once it has been back in running condition it has now completely displaced every other receiver I own, even my beloved SX-1010. That is a hard reality for me, but the ears don't lie, it just sounds better than everything else I own, and I own some good gear.
I have only now just decided to sell of most of everything else and get myself another top-o-de-line Sansui, I'm not sure which one yet, maybe seperates, but I think I've outgrown the Pioneer sound.
 
No crying here, it's just that the one brand that introduced me to hi-fi isn't on the list, so I can't vote :)
Well you can vote for three so save that vote for your turn-on brand and use those other two to sway the voting your way.
 
What, no Soundesign or Yorx?!?!

I've been a Pioneer man since I was old enough to put my own records on the spinner device thingy, my older brother had Pioneer, all his friends had Pioneer, everything in my area was Pioneer. I have NUMEROUS Pioneer SX receivers, I love them all, but...
My wife picked me up a Sansui 8080DB at a yard sale for four bucks a couple of summers ago. It needed a little work, but once it has been back in running condition it has now completely displaced every other receiver I own, even my beloved SX-1010. That is a hard reality for me, but the ears don't lie, it just sounds better than everything else I own, and I own some good gear.
I have only now just decided to sell of most of everything else and get myself another top-o-de-line Sansui, I'm not sure which one yet, maybe seperates, but I think I've outgrown the Pioneer sound.
G-33000 perhaps?:bowdown::bowdown:
 
Back
Top Bottom