• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Portland CL: Sony PS-X7 100.00

Register to hide this ad
You don't miss a thing on craigslist!! I usually just peruse my local craigslist (which sucks!) and never see anything too exciting. Maybe I should broaden my horizons, so to speak.:scratch2:
 
This has an aluminum arm on it. The X-7 has a carbon fibre (very black) arm. So, i think this is an X-6, or X-5, or an X-7 that's been modified, the X-7 arm removed/replaced.
 
Last edited:
thedelihaus said:
This has an aluminum arm on it. The X-7 has a carbon fibre (very black) arm. So, i think this is an X-6, or X-5, or an X-7 that's been modified, the X-7 arm removed/replaced.

It's an X-6.
 
While I was still in the thrall of the belt-drive is better mentality,I passed-up an oportunity to purchase one of these with the Sony moving coil which was integral with the headshell (55?).Would cost me $55 Aussie dollars($44 US).
I didn't buy because the cartridge's cantilever was almost broken-off.
 
vintagestereo said:
It's an X-6.

The X7 with the carbon arm is a nice novel TT, but the X6 and X5 aren't bad at all either. I've an X5, that's broken, but hopefully it can be fixed.

The X6 listed here, if closer to me, well, I'd go look at it. The X5 sells from $50 to $75 or so, the X6 $75 to $100, sometimes a tad higher. I'd offer the fella $75, if it's working (watch platter speed- if the controls are corroded, the platter will speed up) and check arm action (finicky on some of the Sonys- I've also got an X55 here), but if all works well, it's a nice table.
 
Back
Top Bottom