• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Power supply Relay replacement for C32 preamp

Traverso

Active Member
Hello,

I am looking for relay replacement for the C32 preamp. power supply.
Can't find any reference, to be noted my C32 is 220 Volts operated.

Thanks a lot for the feedback

Cheers


Alain
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello

Sorry but you did not precise what serial number your unit is
You probably don't know that there is two different relais type for switching the unit ON and OFF
1) old type fixed to the chassis (no more available today)
2) soldered on AUTO-ON pcb

In all the case this relay should be a 110V one !
 
Hello

Sorry but you did not precise what serial number your unit is
You probably don't know that there is two different relais type for switching the unit ON and OFF
1) old type fixed to the chassis (no more available today)
2) soldered on AUTO-ON pcb

In all the case this relay should be a 110V one !
Patrice:

1) old type fixed to the chassis (no more available today)

I'm curious. What would you do if a C32 came to you with this situation?

I'm also confused by your last statement. Are the relays in these units all 110v even if used in Europe?
 
The relay is mounted on chassis, without any plastic cover protection and from what I understand not available any longer.
Therefore, is there a substitute or a turn around solution?

I don't understand the statement about 110V mandatory for the relay. Can you please clarify.
 
Patrice:

1) old type fixed to the chassis (no more available today)

I'm curious. What would you do if a C32 came to you with this situation?

I'm also confused by your last statement. Are the relays in these units all 110v even if used in Europe?


Yes ! even for Europe
 
The relay is mounted on chassis, without any plastic cover protection and from what I understand not available any longer.
Therefore, is there a substitute or a turn around solution?

I don't understand the statement about 110V mandatory for the relay. Can you please clarify.

Clarify ?
This " detail " is a part of the conversion for different countries and a long time ago I give my word to Gordon Gow to never say , show , anywhere on the web , what the conversions are .
So I will not " clarify" sorry
But if you have the service manual , you don't need any clarification !

Patrice

working on MCINTOSH since 42 years
 
Therefore, is there a substitute or a turn around solution ?

Yes , always with a MCINTOSH
You can build the AUTO-ON pcb using the new relay (more than 30 year old not really new but .....)
 
Clarify ?
This " detail " is a part of the conversion for different countries and a long time ago I give my word to Gordon Gow to never say , show , anywhere on the web , what the conversions are .
So I will not " clarify" sorry
But if you have the service manual , you don't need any clarification !

Patrice

working on MCINTOSH since 42 years
Sorry for the pun but what we have here is a double secret solution. I wonder if Patrice has ever seen Animal House?
 
Sorry for the pun but what we have here is a double secret solution. I wonder if Patrice has ever seen Animal House?
Its not a secret, you can look in the service manual, its all there.
The relays are indeed 110VAC for both USA and European models.
 
I come back to this topic and discovered most of the necessary info are described here:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...had-a-fry-up-on-the-auto-on-pcb.527684/page-2

including the McIntosh guideline to AC conversion form US to European.

Cheers
Oh yes thats right, I remember this incident!!
There are a few McIntosh pre-amps like this.
I think when I did my C33 I might have got a higher voltage relay, Mains voltages are higher these days, there ended up being 115V on the relay in my C33 as our mains voltage is 230-240VAC.....
 
Back
Top Bottom