• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Project One Mark 1500 nudies!

I'm a new member here. I picked up MARK 1500 and would love to find a manual for it any help would would appreciated!

thanks!
 
I do have a photocopy of the owners manual though I would have to locate it.
 
yrly

if you could find it i would be glad to give you something for your troubles!
i am new to this site but i will see if i can send you my email in a message.
 
Any chance you guys uploaded the manual somewhere or could forward a copy to a fellow 1500 lover ? It would save my bacon BIG TIME : )
 
Don't see too many Mark 1500s , so posting some pics of mine as well.......

I had to do some minor cosmetic repairs to one meter, the case, and detailed it including a nice Flitz polish to the face plate. I do need a power switch and knob as the shaft broke off....if anyone has one

IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4894.JPG
 
Hello users, I'm new to the world of monster receivers. Just picked up myself a 1500 and in the past I've owned 5 other pieces of project one equipment. Such as two 800s, mark iib, iic, and now the holy grail Mark 1500. If anyone needs help with the meters i can help. But I'm conducting research on how many were produced throughout the production years of 1980-1983 I believe. If anyone can share their serial number it would be most helpful. So far I have 69,883, 69,946, and 75,294. If anyone has info it would be great. Thanks!
 
Hi
I happen to now have two of these beasts. Picked up a second one recently looking at some other gear. Someone had painted the case red, and after Citristrip and some Howards, looks great again.

Funny thing is, on both of mine the power toggle switches are broken off - guess they are exposed on the end and easy to hit. I have a couple of extra matching switch caps but have not endeavored to fully identify and remove the switches so I can replace them.

On my first one, I had to take one of the meters out and re-glue the backing as it slipped down. Both of the meters don't work perfectly, but do work with some juice applied. On my second one the meters work well, although one is a little lazy at lower power. My serial numbers are 67,389 and 75,336 (pretty sure it's a 5). Couple photos attached.

IMG_4900.JPG IMG_5649.JPG
 
Since it has been reopened, I would like to ask what I did not years ago. These were made by Tandberg? I always thought the consensus was that they were made by Pioneer. :idea:
 
No, Tandberg had nothing to do with these receivers either in design or manufacture.

John
 
Well from what I've been researching, this was obviously sold by playback as their house brand line of equipment. Which most of us already know, but anyways.
This was designed to look like a pioneer but is clearly made by Hitachi, the meters are extremely similar to Toshiba gear though. Along with the layout of the boards and some parts being directly related to Hitachi amplifiers. Number wise though I wouldn't be surprised if 15,000 to 20,000 were made. If anyone knows any other 1500 owners, it would exceptional if you'd be able to gather their serial numbers.

Aaron
 
Last edited:
Hello. I own a Telefunken TR 1500 DC Series. This is the clone to the Project One 1500. On the back of the unit, it shows "Sound Equipment Manufacturers Ltd., Don Mills, Ontario. My guess on these units is that Hitachi was the OEM manufacturer, using the Telefunken name under license for the Canadian market, and the "Project One" brand name for the U.S. market and sold through the Playback stores. This was separate from Telefunken Germany as I believe that this company went bankrupt during the late 70's and could no longer compete with the products being manufactured in Japan. Both of these units were made in Japan from 1978- 1980. Not sure who sold the Telefunken brand in Canada, but likely local specialty electronic stores with SEM being the distributor in Ontario that supplied the whole Country.
ALSO....would like anyone on this site to post the operations manual and any schematics on the Project One/Telefunken DC 1500!!!!!!
Thanks
 
I do have a photocopy of the owners manual though I would have to locate it.

Yrly, there are a number of members here looking for the 1500 manual. Can you post it on this site please? Very hard to find!!!
Thanks.
 
I have all my receiver manuals stored at my parent’s house after some remodeling I did here so eventually when I go get them I’ll post the manual for this one.
 
I have all my receiver manuals stored at my parent’s house after some remodeling I did here so eventually when I go get them I’ll post the manual for this one.

Yrly, that is very considerate! You rock!
Thanks, Warren
 
yrly

if you could find it i would be glad to give you something for your troubles!
i am new to this site but i will see if i can send you my email in a message.
I have all my receiver manuals stored at my parent’s house after some remodeling I did here so eventually when I go get them I’ll post the manual for this one.

Yrly, can you revisit the request to post the Telefunken TR1500 DC Seies manual. Please Please Please!!!!!!
 
My Rebranded PROJECT/One TR-1500 DC Series AKA Telefunken looks very similar inside and out to my Pioneer SX-1980. Seems to share the same speaker jacks, Elna caps, Transformer, fly-wheel, tuning capacitor and many similar operating features. When I get around to it I will post some side by side nudes... I read somewhere that these were made by Allied radio after it was purchased by Radio Shack using Hitachi parts but were NOT involved with Pioneer in any way. Maybe they sourced their parts from the same suppliers. I am looking for a replacement power lever as mine broke off as well as user and service manuals so my journey to find them is well underway.
 
Last edited:
Hello users, I'm new to the world of monster receivers. Just picked up myself a 1500 and in the past I've owned 5 other pieces of project one equipment. Such as two 800s, mark iib, iic, and now the holy grail Mark 1500. If anyone needs help with the meters i can help. But I'm conducting research on how many were produced throughout the production years of 1980-1983 I believe. If anyone can share their serial number it would be most helpful. So far I have 69,883, 69,946, and 75,294. If anyone has info it would be great. Thanks!
Hello, I just won an auction for a Project one 1500. The power meters are broken. Any recommendations?? Thank you
 
I have all my receiver manuals stored at my parent’s house after some remodeling I did here so eventually when I go get them I’ll post the manual for this one.

Are you still alive buddy ? I bet you could make some good money if you charged for that manual. Enough people are asking for one lol
 
Wow! That receiver looks Badass! The toroidal tranny and filter capacitors look to be the same size as those in my SX-1250, albeit two filters less. I had a Project One 800 years ago that sounded great. I never opened her up though but would imagine that it only had a standard transformer and smaller capacitors... Nice receiver.:banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom