• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PSB Subsonic 6 issue

jvoid22

New Member
So a few years back I had to change my PSB sub transformer as I moved from the US to Ireland.
I replaced the transformer with a toroidal one and all was working perfectly for a few years.
A few days ago I have very little output next to zero... When I put the volume up, a rapid noise occurs, and increases rate the higher the volume. The power light also dims.
I have a sound file I'll try to link.
I noticed the transformer is bulging a bit on two sides, all the caps look good.
I'm getting 17.1v from each lead but I didn't check amps yet.
Could this be caused by the transformer?
Not sure if the board uses jfets or what type but I'm not familiar with this symptom really.

Listen to Sub sound.m4a by Joseph O'Brien on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/J9D3i
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom