• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Purchase advice needed (high-end preamp with active ATC speakers vs cheaper passive system)

I'm afraid it might be overkill. I would like to keep it as simple as possible. Turning four things on (Preamp, Subwoofer, Left satellite, Right satellite), every single time, seems a bit like a pain.
a smart power strip or an AV Power conditioner will allow you to trigger power on for your devices, the later will allow you to sequence power application.
Hey, sorry for asking, but are there any streamers that can load room correction filters? That would be amazing.

WiiM Pro and better do room correction. I'm using my Wiim Pro on my secondary system as a digital preamp and the room correction is surprisingly decent.
 
I'm using my Wiim Pro on my secondary system as a digital preamp and the room correction is surprisingly decent.
I'm looking for something that has a convolution engine for FIR filters I create myself using Acourate software. I should do some further research.
 
I'm looking for something that has a convolution engine for FIR filters I create myself using Acourate software. I should do some further research.
yeah, that's a little more $. Depending on the frequency range that you're looking to correct and the number of taps needed, your options may be limited. My DSP processor, a Thomann FIR DSP-408 has 512 taps per filter, which is fine or the upper frequencies, but nowhere near enough to manage group delay and phase below 150Hz, which is where I'd want to use it. One highly regarded solution is to use a Raspberry Pi with Camilla DSP or J-River, which will give you significantly more processing power, but will also give you the added challenge of managing pre-ringing, depending on the filters you want to apply. In my main system, I'm just using IIR filters and REW to get a linear phase filter scheme, which works fairly well for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom