• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

purchase cassette deck

aztlandiaz

New Member
Greetings!
I have a opportunity to purchase a Pioneer deck. In everyones opinion which deck is a better deck both Pioneers...
Pioneer CT-F9191 or a Pioneer CT-F950 Appreciate everyones opionion.

Thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I think the CT-F950 is newer and has three heads so there's no doubt here. Unless you want a Top of the line deck, which the CT-F950 is not because the CT-F1250 exists.
 
950 is almost identical to the 900 but with metal tape capability. The economy in the late 1970s was... interesting. One consequence of that was there was a steep nosedive in the quality of manufactured materials as a function of sales price from, say, 1975 to 1980. For that reason (such as it is), all things being equal, I suspect that the 9191 is a better made piece of hardware.

For the record, I don't have a CT-F9191, but I do have a CTF-1000 and a CT-F900. No comparison between the two really; the former is an amazing piece of hardware. The latter is (just) big and flashy looking.
 
The CT-F950 is the better deck, better engineered, better electronics, better specs, than the CT-F9191.

The CT-F1000, is better engineered, but the specs are slighly lower, no metal tape, than the CT-F950.

The CT-F9191 is way below the CT-F1000 in specs.

I perfer the CT-F1000 becasue of the meters the tape duplication jacks, the controls, toggle switches & piano keys, Rev, FF is only 65 secs as compared to 85 seconds to CT-F950.
 
Back
Top Bottom