• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

Roon is not a streaming service . It takes streaming services your music library etc and bundles it in one place . On top of they you get a pretty advanced eq if you desire to use it MQA decoding , Roon radio and much more . Also to add imo the best sounding out of them all , but we know that’s all subjective.

Audiofreak71

So it's a "music player" that will play my Amazon Music HD music but sound better?
 
So it's a "music player" that will play my Amazon Music HD music but sound better?
Honestly if I was only using amazon hd I wouldn’t use Roon personally because it’s really not going to make it sound better unless you adjust the sound with the eq . Roon will benefit you if you have music stored on a HD your computer etc plus you use say Tidal , Qobuz etc . But if your just using amazon , Spotify , I wouldn’t recommend it .

Audiofreak71
 
Listening to music on Qobuz as I type :p.

I plan to stick with it for awhile. I tried Tidal for awhile, and it was fine. I switched to Qobuz mainly because I don't have an MQA-decoding DAC (And don't want to invest in one). But then I found that I preferred a lot of the 44.1 masters used on Qobuz. The Hi-Rez stuff sounds excellent too.
 
I have a trial on both. I find I am listening to Qobuz much more because of its music selection, which seems to have more of what I like. My big bummer right now is my Teac NT-505 decided it didn’t want to connect to the network anymore. Several days of tests and it is definitely the Teac. For what it’s worth, trying to get help is like pulling teeth. Teac USA is supported by Onkyo. Emailing Teac through their site gets no response. Calling the service center gets a customer service rep that looks up service centers for you. When you call the service center, either they don’t work on the NT-505, are closed, or have limited hours. Talking with the retailer I bought the unit from gets me a list of service centers I have to send the unit to. Would have been nice to be offered a replacement unit, but not this retailer. So now, it’s on its way to California to a regional service center that says they can take care of it.
Currently streaming Tidal through my Oppo 105D. While it’s good, when the wife says it isn’t as good as the Teac, that pretty much says it all. Sure hope this gets resolved quickly.
 
If anybody has a link to some good roon EQ techniques, I’d be interested. Trial and error is fine and all, but I’d like to learn from some legit sources of info.
 
Back
Top Bottom