• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Question about Replacing a 6sn7

Sasha18

Active Member
Hi all. One of the tubes in my integrated amp has a scratchy static sound coming through. I'm pretty sure it's the tube, because I swapped the left and right and the problem seemed to migrated over. Right now, I'm using sovtek tubes. It makes sense to buy a new pair. I know the tube is a 6sn7. And there's a second set of numbers - 6h8c. Does that mean I cannot use any of the NOS RCA/Sylvania/Raytheon 6SN7 tubes available on epay? It has to be a 6sn7 6h8c? I'm rather new to the world of tubes.

(It's a Nuera integrated, which was a house brand sold through partsexpress, made by TangBand)
 
Register to hide this ad
If cathode to plate voltage is within the spec for the 6SN7 (it should be) you should have no issue. Just make sure your negative test lead is attached to the cathode and not the chassis.
 
Back
Top Bottom