• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Radiola Grand

Years ago I "FET-ted" a two tube RCA RADIOLA table top set and then just ran it off a single 9 Volt battery, it worked quite well. :banana:

I don't remember the circuit I used with the FETs, but I may have lowered the source resistor used in the audio stage for more output, if I find any details of how I did it I will re-post. :idea:

Mark T. :music:
 
I've seen setups where people have done it with a FET, an LED and a photocell to retain the original filament resistor volume control method. I've also seen subminiature tubes used and adapters for various other things.

I've considered that for my own set, but I don't have the tube bases I'd need to make it go without having to actually modify the radio.
 
Back
Top Bottom