• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rare and Seldom Seen Speakers

Looks like peerless metal cone tweets too. The other may be a Piezo super tweeter. Cool speaker! The Yamaha 1000 subs are quite good too.
 
Braun 1002/8, three way speakers with a 6.5" woofer. Woofers rebuilt by Richard So, recapped with Clarity caps, and new internal wires.

Braun 1002:8.JPG
 
I almost pursued a set of those Satterbergs when they showed up on local CL. In PDX no less. I wonder if they are the same set of speakers.
I got them for $40 at the Goodwill. Maybe the owner gave up on trying to sell them and donated?

I've never seen another pair online or anywhere else.
 
Big fisher.jpeg Big fisher 3.jpeg big fisher 2.jpeg I posted these pics earlier in a Fisher speaker thread. I figure these pics should be here, too. Talk about rare. I've never seen anything on the web about these. And were talking "Fisher" here. A well known company. Has anyone seen or hear anything about them. Not typical of the 80's Fisher speakers. 200lbs. I WANT A PAIR!!!:) Also shown is the STE 1200, rare and seldom seen as well.
 
I've had some Cantons and Brauns that sounded outstanding, so you've got another fan of German speakers here. But I'm still hoping that some of our German friends on AK can shed light on Elbau/Bogen speakers, for which there is next to no information out there on the internet. My Elbau/Bogen SB-18s are still sounding great after a recap. Very sensitive, with especially terrific mids.

index.php


index.php


index.php

forget speakers...I like the cabinet ;)
 
I have posted before about many rare speakers, have enjoyed them all, still have a few pair, but i think I have met my match. Scroed a pair of Szabo 626 medium floorstanders on Maxsold for $2.00 plus fees. They have me stopped in my tracks. Period. Hooked them up. Turned on my NAD 356BEE int/amp and immediately turned off my Yamaha powered sub. I cannot figure out where the bass is coming from a 6-1/2" woofer! Plus the the wonderful mids and treble. I have never played a set of speakers at 'flat' before. Appears John Szabo was a genius. Holds a few patents on electronic devices. These speakers are amazing Out of Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario, Canada. Used Cambridge woofers built to his specs. Seems to be a Philips tweeter. Whatever. Excellent sound. Maybe found my sound Nirvana.
 
These are pretty rare compared to all the ADS and Realistic Minimus lookalike/miniature bookshelf speakers out there, and it seems they were only in production for one (1) month (all of the examples I found on the 'net including my set were manufactured March 1978, never before or after March of that year).

I had never heard of these speakers before I did my research. There was no nameplate or model number anywhere on them. Even then, there was little to no information about them at all, except for one AK thread about a similar pair at the time of purchase into my hands.

I paid $40 U.S. which seemed like a lot, but it was only until later did I realize I basically got a bargain.

These are Ultralinear CARponents model M-15's in an Ebony Matte finish. They also came in a Laminated Walnut finish.

There were also a couple of other models available for the time of production, the M-16 (which was like the M-15, except it had an "ultra-wide dispersion soft dome high frequency radiator"), and the M-12 which just had a 2-½" cone tweeter.

They sound great when placed in a decent spot, and especially with a helping of bass. There seemed to be an irritating peak around 2Khz, so I toned that down by -3db and man, what a pleasing difference! I should probably do a recording so you guys can get a taste of what it sounds like this coming weekend :)

Best $40 I've spent to date!
20210731_162709.jpg 20210814_153324.jpg
 
Last edited:
These are pretty rare compared to all the ADS and Realistic Minimus lookalike/miniature bookshelf speakers out there, and it seems they were only in production for one (1) month (all of the examples I found on the 'net including my set were manufactured March 1978, never before or after March of that year).

I had never heard of these speakers before I did my research. There was no nameplate or model number anywhere on them. Even then, there was little to no information about them at all, except for one AK thread about a similar pair at the time of purchase into my hands.

I paid $40 U.S. which seemed like a lot, but it was only until later did I realize I basically got a bargain.

These are Ultralinear CARponents model M-15's in an Ebony Matte finish. They also came in a Laminated Walnut finish.

There were also a couple of other models available for the time of production, the M-16 (which was like the M-15, except it had an "ultra-wide dispersion soft dome high frequency radiator"), and the M-12 which just had a 2-½" cone tweeter.

They sound great when placed in a decent spot, and especially with a helping of bass. There seemed to be an irritating peak around 2Khz, so I toned that down by -3db and man, what a pleasing difference! I should probably do a recording so you guys can get a taste of what it sounds like this coming weekend :)

Best $40 I've spent to date!
View attachment 2316325 View attachment 2316323

I have a pair of the M-12s. Would like to try a pair of the M-15s or 16s.
 
These are pretty rare compared to all the ADS and Realistic Minimus lookalike/miniature bookshelf speakers out there, and it seems they were only in production for one (1) month (all of the examples I found on the 'net including my set were manufactured March 1978, never before or after March of that year).

I had never heard of these speakers before I did my research. There was no nameplate or model number anywhere on them. Even then, there was little to no information about them at all, except for one AK thread about a similar pair at the time of purchase into my hands.

I paid $40 U.S. which seemed like a lot, but it was only until later did I realize I basically got a bargain.

These are Ultralinear CARponents model M-15's in an Ebony Matte finish. They also came in a Laminated Walnut finish.

There were also a couple of other models available for the time of production, the M-16 (which was like the M-15, except it had an "ultra-wide dispersion soft dome high frequency radiator"), and the M-12 which just had a 2-½" cone tweeter.

They sound great when placed in a decent spot, and especially with a helping of bass. There seemed to be an irritating peak around 2Khz, so I toned that down by -3db and man, what a pleasing difference! I should probably do a recording so you guys can get a taste of what it sounds like this coming weekend :)

Best $40 I've spent to date!
View attachment 2316325 View attachment 2316323
I would love to find a pair of these for duty on the parcel shelf of my Volvo 544! For now, I am going to slip some Minimus 7 back there. I have the brackets and all. But, once again, these M-15's look great. We see very little UltraLinear stuff in Canada, but I do have a pair of bookshelfs waiting for some love.
 
I have a pair of the M-12s. Would like to try a pair of the M-15s or 16s.
It looks like there's a pair of the M-15's in Laminated walnut on the bay as of this moment, although they seem to be quite pricey. I think I'd wait till a better offer comes up.
 
I have the L300/8s (Woofer with a coaxially mounted tweeter and a mid on top). Woofers were fine but needed a refoam job from Richard. They sound insane for their size. Picked up from some old Russian dude in Brooklyn.
I had these speakers (for a week, on appro from a dealer) and decided not to buy them. I regret it. The Bass is insane, as you say – and a friend who helped me evaluate them said "They're totally in-your-face speakers!"

I wanted them as oddities, and to blow friends' minds – "Can you believe the Bass on these little suckers?!!" — but figured I'd never want a steady diet. I can find so many reasons not to get things I really want...

I don't know why they weren't more popular, or more widely imitated – they're the perfect solution to so many questions.

I see you also have the Audio Pro subwoofer (or even better, 2?) You have admirable and eclectic taste.
 
Here are my additions:

Visonik David 50
Unmarked Satterberg speakers

I have the Satterberg Woofers that were made for the LS3/5A's...still very nice. The one dropped out and I saw that a coil came unglued and unraveled to the base of the cab and snapped. Complicated Xover but had a friend help me with the schematic. Looked like he used liquid nails squeezed out all over the components...a real bear picking that stuff off to reveal the values.
 
I picked up these cute little Buggers today at a yard sale for next to nothin'.

Denon D-102Acm mini speakers. Can't find almost nothing on them. I know they were part of a mid-90's mini system. But, I think they were Japan domestic market only?

Anyway, they are actually pretty impressive for their size. Rated to 50hz from a little 4" driver. Notice they are ported both front and back?

20210829_203413.jpg
20210829_203324.jpg
20210829_203244.jpg
20210829_203238.jpg
20210829_203202.jpg
 
I picked up these cute little Buggers today at a yard sale for next to nothin'.

Denon D-102Acm mini speakers. Can't find almost nothing on them. I know they were part of a mid-90's mini system. But, I think they were Japan domestic market only?

Anyway, they are actually pretty impressive for their size. Rated to 50hz from a little 4" driver. Notice they are ported both front and back?

View attachment 2329048
View attachment 2329049
View attachment 2329050
View attachment 2329051
View attachment 2329052

Very nice. Never seen them.
 
General Sound - Micron 631 and 1011 Bass extender, short lived company from Phoenix, time aligned and heavy as hell..way ahead of there time! Sound great! There is a thread on them in AK somewhere...
View attachment 2123795
View attachment 2123796
View attachment 2123798
View attachment 2123799
courtesy of “Columba”
2002 Orion Blue Book

Micron by General Sound

80-85 421/2/3 new=$270/pr (4" 2-way?)
80-85 521/2/3 new=$330/pr (5" 2-3ay?)
80-85 631/2/3 new=$450/pr (6" 3-way?)
80-85 1011 Bass Extender new=$350
81-85 GS-5 new=$300/pr
81-85 GS-10 Subwoofer new=$300
Anyone know how to access the crossover to replace the caps in the 631? I picked up the 2.1 system (631 + Bass Extender) last summer. The baffle is a heavy cast plastic(?) with the crossover screwed behind the tweeter and its neighboring driver.
 
Back
Top Bottom