• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rather unique looking speakers

Register to hide this ad
Very unusual. That molding probably doesn't improve the sonics, but it may well improve the WAF, in comparison with many other designs. Depending on the drivers used, those could be a bargain(?). Heck, to extend the OP's idea, you could even make a matching third top piece with an actual clock in it, and have a rare singing Grandfather clock... and a matching Grandmother clock for the other side! :D
:D
 
If I was closer I would see if I could listen to them. They seem well planned out and the craftmanship is there too. I count 5 elements, unless of them are controls. I wonder what drivers he used.:scratch2: Price wise I'm leaning towards steal. I hope the go to a AK'er

for the sake of prosperity here's the photos.
sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp4.jpg
 
The BPC in the rack doesn't really give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. My take is that the builder concentrated more on the cabinetry than the components within. Given the asking price, that may not be a bad thing. They may well sound quite presentable. On the other hand, they might well be seen as a (somewhat) more modern Barzilay set of cabs in search of deserving drivers. I'd definitely give them a look.

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom